Take A Look at Disney

2/24/11

Top 6 Things You Won't See on My Blog For A While

Hey guys,  I have decided to put together a Top 6 because with all the voting going on for the Your Top 6 Songs, I have gotten a Top 6 bug. This one is a bit different as I'll be counting the Top 6 things I have featured on my Blog in the past, that probably won't appear in the future.  That does not mean I won't change my mind but as right now, this is the last time they'll appear. Also stay tuned as I reveal the curtain voting stats for Your Top 6 Songs at the end of this blog.  Let's get started.



6.  Darkfan21 or any Story Arc for that Matter



If you followed Request Month, you may have remembered that I introduced a story arc. Now while I enjoyed it, the story arc just did not seem as popular as I had hoped. Also I feel that it took away from the reviews instead of adding and this was chore to do. I enjoyed but that was probably the last story arc you'll see on A Look at Disney.  In case you are curious, that picture is actually me in one of my Halloween costumes where  I went as a Survivor contestant






5.  Disney Songs in Foreign Languages





When I put up my Stage Versions of Disney Songs, I included two songs from Der Glockner Von Notre Dame. This is the German stage adaption of The Hunchback of Notre Dame and while I have nothing against the music. I'm putting it on this list because I'd like to showcase songs where I can actually understand the lyrics.


4.  Sid from Toy story: The Musical




When I did my special mutil blog post of Let's Watch: Toy story: The Musical, I bashed the performance of Sid.  I did not have a problem with a woman playing the role but her voice just grated on me and she sounded too girly to be Sid, who I thought was supposed to be a Goth like character. I also thought Sid had the most annoying song in the play.



3.  A Schedule





When I first started writing A Look at Disney, I posted up a schedule laying out what my topics were going to be but as time went by, I found that I could not work with a schedule as an idea would strike me and I just to write it out. Now I may plan my ideas for future blogs on my computer but that does not mean that they will actually happen nor will I post it is a schedule as  I wish not to mislead you guys.



2. Yodel-Adle-Idle-Oo





I included this song when I reviewed Home on The Range, that was my very first movie review. This song was very painful to listen to once and this is one of the worst Disney songs that I have ever heard and I can safely guarantee that this will never be featured on A Look at Disney ever again.


1. Brandy & Mr. Whiskers



This is the number one thing that you'll never see on my blog again. Reviewing this show was painful enough the first time around and I wish not to endure the pain of ever reviewing this show again.  I already said my peace about how stupid I felt that this show and I wish not to repeat it.


These are the Top 6 things that you probably won't see on my blog for a while and I'm sorry if this news disappoints anyone but this just how it is.  Now time for an update on the voting fro Your Top 6 Songs


Your Top 6 Songs Update

Voting has been going rather well and don't forget there is still time to vote. You can either vote here by posting Top 6 Song Countdown: Insert Song or going to the list of songs I have posted and leave the title of the song, you wish to vote for there.  Speaking of votes, let's take a look at the songs that have garnered votes.


  1. After Today Live - 3
  2. One Jump Ahead - 2
  3. Proud of Your Boy -1
  4. I Will Go Sailing No More - 1

It looks as though After Today Live is in the lead and just needs one more vote to be locked in while One Jump Ahead isn't far behind with 2.  Remember you can vote or at the original list, which I'll be providing a link for.

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/blogs/latest/entry/a-look-at-disney-12-songs-that-you-can-choose-from-for-the-next-top-6

No comments:

Post a Comment