Take A Look at Disney

6/5/11

Top 6 Disney Rides I Want To Go On

For one reason or another there are some Disney parks rides that I have not been on but I really want to go on them. It may be that when I went there they were not yet open or I was too scared to go on the ride. For the sake of this countdown, I will not be including videos of the ride. Yes, I know that I included videos of the Tiki Room on my last Can We Talk about but I felt there was no other way to get my point across save for the rides that come in at number two and number one.

6.  Monsters Inc.: Mike & Sully To The Rescue




This ride here is just a dark ride based on the film, Monsters Inc. Now I love the entrance it looks so wacky. The entrance is good but how does the rest of the ride looks. Sure it is just a dark ride but I feel as though that the dark ride is breed of ride that is no longer as popular as it used to be due to the thrill rides that you can find parks these days. Sure they may not be as exciting but a dark ride is still something that can be enjoyed by many. Now as I said let's take a look at the rest of the ride.




All right the cars look good. Taxi cabs that is a great idea as you ride through the events of Monsters Inc. Therefore you are in the city of Monstropolis.  This seems to be the practial choice. Not bad it seems good.



Okay, Mike, Sully & Boo look pretty good too. So I think this is a ride that I could have a good time on.


5.  Star Tours II



Now I'll admit I'm not the biggest Star Wars fan in the world. Personally, I always preferred Star Tours to the movies. I don't know I just thought the ride was better and it was one of my favorite rides. As I'm a simulator ride junkie. That comes from the fact that the very first ride I recall going on was a simulator ride. Anyways,  I'm hesitant to go on this one but I want to see the changes made. It really doesn't bug me that they decided to use prequel trilogy stuff. Save for one annoying character that I think we can all agree was one of the dumbest things in the prequels. I have read but I cannot confirm that Jar Jar makes an appearance on this ride. WHY?!   In the words of Wayne Brady on Whose Line "Mesa a Racist Stereotype".  I think that speaks for itself.

Now other than Jar Jar IT appearing on this ride, everything else seems all right.  Honestly IT is the only reason I'm placing this ride at # 5.


4. Toy Story Mania




Now this ride just look awesome. I mean it is in 3-D and I'm a firm believer that attractions can use 3-D better than movies. Such as The Amazing Spider-Man ride that some of the best 3-D ever.  Besides that I love the idea of you being shrunk down to the size of a toy and getting to play these carnival games with Andy's toys. I'm assuming that this ride takes place beetween movies 2 & 3 if the toys still belong to Andy. Anyways moving on, I love they immerse you into the world of a toy with all these oversized toys.  My personal favorite...



This giant Disneyland viewmaster. That just looks great.  Also it really takes me back to my childhood as these were a big part of me growing up I have a tub full of these.  


3.  Dinosaur




This is the oldest ride on the list. It's funny each time I've been to Animal Kingdom, I try to make time to go on this but I never do. This looks a ride I would love as well because it uses dark ride elements and I love dark rides and it is a time travel based ride. I love time travel. I love the whole idea of being sent back in time to the prehistoric age and the dinos for this thing especially the one in that picture look great. Part of the reason I want to go on this ride is because of the whole time travel aspect as I love the idea of time travel. Even if I'd rahter go to the future. Ever since I saw Back to The Future, I have wanted to travel through time and now the the BTTF ride gone, this may be the closest time travel ride around except for my favorite roller coaster at Animal Kingdom, Primeval Whirl.



Now as I said number 2 & number 1 would feature videos as I wish to truly show you  the full experince of these rides. Funnily enough both of these rides are located at the same park on the west coast sadly but the number one will soon open in the Magic Kingdom as part of the Fanstayland exapansion.



2. Silly Symphony Swings




Now this may look like your typical swing ride and for the most part it is. But why did I place it so high on the list. Well, it uses my favorite Mickey Mouse short as the theme for this ride. This ride is based on the classic Mickey short, The Band Concert.  It's not very often that you see a Mickey based attraction come along and I love that Mickey finally has his own ride. I mean Goofy  had a rollercoaster in ToonTown but Mickey didn't have a ride. Now he does. Anyways, this just looks great, it uses the music and pacing from the short. As I have stated in the past, I love the music in this short and I feel it even surpasses another classic Mickey moment with a magical hat.  I'm just so excited about this ride.



1. The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Undersea Adventure




Now anyone who has been my articles for a while will know that The Little Mermaid is one of my all time favorite Disney movies. So when I first learned about a Little Mermaid ride being built, I was happy. Because this is something that has been missing from the park for far too long. From what I saw in the video, this ride looks great. They captured the spirit of the movie quite well and all the characters look awesome. Though I do think Flounder could have a few more appearances.  This is what a dark ride should be, it really thrusts you into the world of The Little Mermaid. Honestly, I was more excitied about this ride opening than I was Star Tours II.  As soon as this ride gets to the Magic Kingdom, I'll be on it. I have a feeling that this ride could be a contender for  my new favorite ride.   Just the Under The Sea sequence alone makes me excited about this ride. Is it silly a grown 22 year old man wants to go on this ride? Perhaps but who cares.


There you are these are my Top 6 Disney Parks Rides That I Want to Go On.  Tell me, are there any rides on this list that you'd be willing to check out.

No comments:

Post a Comment