Take A Look at Disney

6/2/12

Happy Birthday Goofy (Top 6 Goofy Moments)





On May 25th of this year, Disney's funniest comedian and my number one Disney Dad turned 80. In honor of this, I've decided to countdown his Top 6 Moments. Join me as I countdown the Top 6 Goofy Moments.   





6.  Playing Jacob Marley - Mickey's Christmas Carol 





Mickey's  Christmas Carol is one of my all time favorite Christmas specials and Goofy as Marley is the funniest thing.  It has to be the oddest casting but yet  it makes that scene so funny and Goofy as Marley brings comedy to an otherwise scary moment in this tale but Goofy makes it  his own and while he not be in the short that long, he has some of the funniest moments. 



5.   Turning Into Mr. Wheeler - Motor Mania 





Motor Mania has to be one of the funniest Goofy shorts I've seen and I love how this short uses the elements of Jekyll and Hyde to show what bad driver is like and you can't any worse than Mr. Wheeler.   Mr. Wheeler is one the scariest things that I've seen Goofy turn into but Mr. Wheeler represents drivers with road rage and this is still a regular occurrence and  yet this short came out in the '50s. Some things never change and  for a lot of people looking at Mr. Wheeler could be a way of looking at themselves in the mirror regarding their driving. 



4.   Watching Goofy Trying To Workout  - Goofy Gymnastics 





Goofy Gymnastics has to be one of the funniest Goofy shorts and this shorts showcases some of the best slapstick around with Goofy.   From him having no troubles lifting the gym equipment out of the mailbox then showing how weak and frail he really is when he works out, it is so funny and perhaps the funniest part about this short is watching Goofy trying to lift the weights and the struggle it causes him. This is one of my favorite Goofy shorts and it is always good for a laugh.


3.  Getting His Named Changed From Dippy Dawg To Goofy



Now this one is a bit different but I still feel that it is important nevertheless.  When Goofy made his debut appearance in Mickey's Revue (pictured above), he was known as Dippy Dawg.  It would not be until his seventh appearance, Orphan's Benefit where his name was changed to Goofy.  I feel that this is significant because had it not been for this name change, I 'm not so sure Goofy would be as beloved as he is today.   Yes, I know there is more to a character than their name but with Goofy,  his name sums who he is so much better than Dippy Dawg. I just don't think this character would've lasted had his name not been changed.  I may be wrong on this account but I think Goofy is the better name.



2. Nobody Else But You - A Goofy Movie


 




Ah, this song  is perhaps one of the best from A Goofy Movie and it sums the relationship of Max and Goofy quite well and it just shows that even though, sometimes they may get on each other's nerves, they'll always be there for one another.   This has to be one of the most tender and sweet moment regarding Goofy and I feel that it shows what a good Dad he is.


1. The Introduction of  The Goofy Holler - The Art of Skiing




I knew this had to be # 1, The Art of Skiing which was one of the first How To shorts is also the short that introduced the world to the infamous Goofy Holler.   That noise is as synonymous with Goofy as Cinderella Castle is with The Magic Kingdom. When I hear that holler, I can't help but to think of Goofy and it is one of the funniest sounds ever and it  gets a laugh out of me every time.   It never gets old and it just beautiful to listen to, so on that note, why don't we end with this that holler.






3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to everyone's favorite Goofmeister!!!!!!!! Yes I LOVE the Goofy Holler! Every universe of Goofy has done that holler and it is one of the defining characteristics of Goofy. Great stuff although I would have put his role in the Kingdom Hearts universe on here. Happy Birthday Goofy!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Holler had to be # 1 and the only reason KH isn't on here is that I'm not overly familiar with the games. Yes, Happy Birthday Goofy.

      Delete
  2. I enјoy what уou guys are usually uρ too.
    This type of cleνer work аnd exposure! Kеep up
    thе fantaѕtic ωoгks guyѕ
    I've incorporated you guys to my blogroll.

    Check out my site :: Single Trip Travel Insurance

    ReplyDelete