Take A Look at Disney

5/15/14

My Thoughts On Cinderella (2015)





Hello  & welcome  back to A Look at Disney.  Recently,  Disney  has released  the first  teaser  trailer  for Cinderella  (2015).   And  all it was just  Cinderella's  classic glass slipper.   











And   I have  to  say  that  I  was absolutely giddy, when  I saw  this trailer.   I  loved  every  moment of it.   I've  been anticipating ever since I had  heard about  this.  The classic  Cinderella   is  easily  one of my all time favorite Disney movies.  It's  just gorgeous  and while  I do have my complaints mainly with Charming,   it's  still a really gorgeous and elegantly done film.

 


















And  Lily James  in  the still released looks rather pretty  as Cinderella.  













They  did a great job casting  Disney's  most iconic classic  princess.  And speaking  of casting,    I do find the casting of  Helena  Bonham Carter as The Fairy Godmother to be interesting and  Cate Blanchett as  Lady Tremaine to be inspired.



 

When  I first heard  this casting news,   I thought they got the names mixed up as I pictured Boham Carter as Lady Tremaine but I'm glad that they are going against type with her and not having her play the villain.  Another thing that gives me hope with this movie is that there have been reports that  Prince Charming will have a more active role than he did in the animated movie. There have been reports that Cinderella and The Prince will meet before the ball.   Please develop a personality beyond what he was in the original.  That'll be so great.   I also think that this film  is in good hands with Kenneth Branagh directing.  I just imagine scenes like the ball to just as grand, sweeping, and epic.   It  is  going to be a gorgeous looking film.   












The  only  other movie,  I've seen from him is Thor  but  he did a wonderful with the directing there,  so I have high hopes for this one.


















I can't wait until  we get an actual trailer for this film.  What are your thoughts on this film? Let me know in the comments.  Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment