Take A Look at Disney

8/20/14

Music Fridays # 135: Disney Era Power Rangers








Hello  & welcome back to A Look at  Disney.   Currently,  on Nickelodeon,   the 21st  season of Power Rangers, Power Rangers: Super Megaforce (who came up with  that title?)  is  airing   and I have   been  enjoying  it as it harkens  back to the Zordon era  of the show  and  it  is  a celebration  of  the show's  20th  anniversary.      I'm  sure,  some  of you  may  be  wondering  why  I'm   covering   Power Rangers  on a Disney blog.  Well,  for a time  Disney  owned  Power Rangers and unlike what some fans like to say,  the Disney seasons aren't that bad.  Though,   it  doesn't  seem like  Disney actually  wanted the show as they attempted  multiple  times to cancel it and also  moved production to New Zealand,  where ironically,  the show is banned.   Anyways,   I've  gone  back and forth  on whether  or  not,  I'd  ever  take a look  at  Power  Rangers on  this blog  but  considering that  Disney  owned them  one  point  and even had plans  for a cartoon (wouldn't  that be Voltron?)  and they were in MGM   Studios,  I'm comfortable covering  the  Disney  era  on this  blog.   But  first,



It's  Morphin'  Time
















I  needed  attire  that  was  more  fitting for the occasion.   Speaking  of which,  I know it's not Disney Era  but let's  start with the  classic.


Go Go   Power Rangers


Mighty  Morphin'  Power Rangers


You  just can't  not talk about this song, when talking about Power Rangers theme songs.   It's  one of the catchiest and  one of the best  theme songs  out there for  any kids show and any kid that grew up in the '90s  knows this song because it is just that awesome.


Wild  Force 


Our   first  Disney  Era  Season  is Wild Force  and  it's  not bad.  Kinda  fun.  I'll  admit  that I did watch this season here and there but it's  not one that  I'm overly familiar  with. From  what I remember of it, it can kinda  felt  like  Captain  Planet  meets  Power Rangers.  Just with animals but  this  song  isn't  bad  and gets the point across of what the team is about, pretty well.


Ninja  Storm

Okay  yeah, this  one is just pure awesomeness.   Of  course,  this  is  one of the best  Disney seasons  and this  theme  song reflects  that.   I want  this baby  on  my IPod.   It's  that good.


Dino  Thunder


Okay,   yeah this one is even better.  I'll admit it, I really liked this season.  Of course, it didn't hurt that Tommy  came back and was now  a mentor  and  later a Ranger  again.















That was cool  but  this theme song  itself,  is just  awesome and  does  the perfect  job  of getting you excited  for  the show that  is about to come on.  It  just gets  you  pumped  up  and ready for action.



S.P.D 


I  gotta  say  that  at best,  I find  myself   indifferent  to this  theme song.   It's  not bad  but  I don't  know,  it just  doesn't  leave me wanting more  And   Hero  Clock  has to be one of the dumbest things  I've ever uttered.


Mystic Force


I know  Linkara  said  that he didn't  like this one  and that  he doesn't  think  it fits with the fantasy  nature  of this season and while  that may  be true.  I gotta  be honest and say  that I really find  this one  catchy  and it's  a really  good earworm  that  just gets  stuck.



Operation  Overdrive


Yeah,   this  is  one season that  fans want to forget  and  this theme song  is a pretty  good indication  as to why.  It's  not  good.   It's   just really  lame.  And  that   could  sum  this season  and  the fan reaction to it as well.



Jungle  Fury

Does  the  opening  instrumental   remind  anyone else  of  Disney's  Tarzan?  I'll   have  a soft  spot for Jungle  Fury  in my  heart.  It's  one  of my favorite  seasons  of Power Rangers in general.  Sure,  it's a little cheesy  but  I like it and looking back the morphers  being sunglasses  was kinda silly  but I thought it was cool.  As for this song,  I'll  admit  that it's  not  one  of the stronger  theme songs  but  I can't  hate it.   It's  just so much fun  and  it  just  brings  a smile to my face, whenever I listen to it. Out  of all  the theme songs from  the Disney Era,  I could  listen  to this one all day.


R.P.M.


This  is  probably the season that I know the least  about.   This theme song  isn't  bad  but I do find it odd that the theme song doesn't  reflect the darker tone of this season because from what I understand,   this season takes  place  in alternate timeline  is  placed  after a computer virus  has wiped the world out and caused the apocalypse to happen.   I dunno,  I just think something a bit darker than what they went with should've been used to reflect this season.



I hope  that you have enjoyed this Music Fridays.   Next time, we will go back to actual Disney songs  but  I just wanted to break loose this once and have some fun with something that is  a lot of fun. Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment