Take A Look at Disney

1/7/14

Sofia Week: The Wisdom of The Princesses




Hello & welcome back to A Look at Disney and welcome back to Sofia Week.  Now, as I mentioned in my Amulet article, yesterday.  Sofia's amulet has the power to summon  the princesses as she is connected to all of them.  So, this got me to thinking, what would the future princesses as in the ones that haven't appeared on the show yet, teach young Sofia.  Now,  I have three rules for this.  1.   They must not have appeared on the show yet or be set up for a future appearance such as Mulan, who'll appear this summer or Snow White, who'll appear in the first episode of season 2, The Enchanted Feast and her appearance has already been advertised in the book adaption of the episode.



2.   Only  princesses from the official line up are allowed to appear.   So, that means...





I can use these ladies. However,  I'm bending this rule as I'll be including Elsa and Anna.  And I'll more then likely grouping those two together because  I believe the show would do the same thing.  So,  again, if they are in this picture. They are okay.     And lastly,   their appearances must be logical for the show and more importantly make sense for the character.  Now lastly,   I'll be doing this in the order that I found it easiest  princess to work into the show to the hardest. With this rather long-winded introduction out of the way, let's begin.




Tiana





Now with Tiana,  I think,  the best way to work Tiana into an episode is quite simple.  Play to her strongest talent.  Cooking.   Now,  most of the interaction that Sofia has had with the princesses has just been a song (well except for Sleeping Beauty and she's not fan of that.  As you'll see in this picture,  I'm only linking to do because of language).  What I envision  Tiana's appearance being is something along of the lines of having Sofia either a. enter a cooking competition or b.  take a cooking class and show Sofia struggling with  cooking.    And at some point, her amulet summons Tiana and Tiana sees Sofia trying to cook and they go to the castle kitchen and Tiana helps Sofia to perfect what the little princess was making.   Now,  this is just my thought and I doubt this would happen in this exact fashion but I like it.  Now, let's move onto our next two royal ladies, one's a princess and the other is a queen.   


Elsa and Anna




Perhaps, it's because  I have Frozen  on my mind  (I LOVE this movie)  but  after Tiana,  my mind immediately went to Elsa and Anna.   Now , this is a bit spoilery but Elsa is actually, a queen as Frozen opens on the day of her coronation.   Part of me, would almost want this to be another holiday episode or at least have it take place in a snow themed location, so that Elsa could show off her powers.  Now,  I don't expect something like Elsa's ice castle (I want to go there).





Now,  something else that I think  would be appropriate is to make this a sister episode, where maybe Sofia and her big sis, Amber get into a fight over the holidays and to help reconcile, the amulet summons Queen Elsa and Princess Anna.  Now, this might be retreading Once Upon A Princess as Cinderella came to teach the adorable little princess to give people a second chance but the core of Frozen is about  sisterly love and fighting for the love of family.  And  siblings have fights and get into a fight and I would have Amber see the sisters because I feel that could talk about a fight they had as kids.  (Hey, anything to see more little Elsa and Anna is cool in my book.  I'd love a flashback).  



Again,   Disney characters as kids are so cute.   The d'aww level is strong with this image.  And plus,  Amber fangirling over meeting Princess Jasmine would pale in comparison to her getting to meet a princess and a queen.  Honestly,  while I know that these won't appear on the show until later on, if at all.  This could easily lead to a super adorable.    Honestly, this was my favorite moment to think up, now let's move onto Best Princess aka Rapunzel.  


Rapunzel




Now let's get one thing out of the way.  If Rapunzel is going to appear, it's most likely going to be with long hair because if Ariel's appearance is anything to go by, they use the most recognizable appearance of the princesses.  Now with Rapunzel,  what I picture is that Sofia is being bullied at school  (the thought makes me sad)  and Sofia doesn't know how to deal with the bully but Sofia's amulet summons Rapunzel, so that Best Princess can teach the adorable 7 year how to stand up for herself.  Now,  for those wondering,  how I came up with this one.  Go read my article on The Relationship Between Mother Gothel and Rapunzel.   The reason,  I came up with this one is because Rapunzel was bullied by her "mother".  Just go to the mirror scene towards the beginning or heck Mother Knows Best and it's reprise to get the full effect of Gothel's bullying.


That scene alone shows how cruel, Gothel was to Rapunzel, and while sure,  you'd have to tone it down a lot as this is a preschool show,  I still feel that this is a topic that could be handled rather well.  Would the show be willing to take on bullying?  I don't think so but I'd like to see them attempt this because I  think that even though there are a lot of episodes about bullying, it's never too early to teach kids to stand up for yourself. Of course,  Rapunzel could give Sofia,  a frying pan for safe measure.





What?   I never said that she had to used it as a weapon.  She could use it to cook her meal with Tiana.  Don't look at me like that. Next up, let's get Brave with Merida.




Merida




Now,  part of me is unsure if Merida would be used because of the Pixar thing but she is a part of the line-up.   Also,  can I make one request.  Please do not have Merida sing!  I just don't think that would work well for anyone involved.  Now as for Merida's appearance,  I imagine the show might go with the "Be who you are" message.   In that Sofia ignores her old village friends and starts hanging out with the princesses from her school but they start to have a bad influence on her.  Now this hasn't happened yet and could be a stretch as Sofia goes to a different school then her best friends but  this is the best that I could come up with for Merida.   Now let's move onto the princess (even though, she isn't one in her film) that gave me the most trouble. 




Pocahontas 



Yeah,  I got nothing.   Look,  it's not that I don't like Pocahontas but I remember so little about her that I really don't know how to properly work her into an episode.  At best, it could have something do with nature and it'd be super cute to see Sofia in her Buttercups outfit.  (Yay for more fictional scouting organizations).  


  


But other then that, I've got nothing.  I'm completely and totally stumped here. The problem with Pocahontas is that she's forgettable.  Nothing really stands out about her, so that makes it kinda hard to do something like this with her. 



Well, there you have it.  My Look on what the princesses (well, most of them) could teach young Sofia,  if they appear on the show.  Speaking of princesses, join me tomorrow as I review an episode with a cameo from Belle as I take a look at...


The Amulet and The Anthem






6 comments:

  1. Pocahontas forgettable?! Are you out of your mind?! Lots of things stand out about her and she is not forgettable in the slightest possible manner!!! >:(

    As for a way she could worked into an episode, perhaps a fight or a war of some kind breaks out between Enchancia and another kingdom and Pocahontas could be summoned to give Sofia advice on restoring peace between Enchancia and whoever they're fighting with (including a flashback to how her saving John Smith stopped their races from fighting).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, that could work but when I wrote this last week, I couldn't come up with anything fro her.

      Delete
  2. Wait with the peacemaking thing! Wasn't that done in the Floating palace already?
    I'm sure that Pocahontas can be used to teach the kids something I just thing that the connecting of two kingdoms happened thoroughly enough already.
    So what could be done? I get it! Let's see someone discovers some rare metal/gemstones that have to be mined or otherwise get from nature but the proces of obtaining the treasure is hurting the nature. So Pocahontas will help Sofia with ecological activity. Nonviolently but effectively. That would be an aesop worth teaching! And it would make sense to use Pocahontas because of the gold and Rathcliff thing.
    Just my two cents. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are correct that was done in The Floating Palace. And I like the mining idea. That would be neat to see.

      Delete
  3. I know the article is over a year old, but I want to say I think that these are great ideas, especially the one with Rapunzel. Though, I felt the show did bullying well in "The Little Witch". I found this story online that implemented the idea you came up with for Rapunzel. Here's a link to the story. It's not raunchy or anything like that, but it's edgier than the usual Sofia episode.

    http://silvereagle91.deviantart.com/journal/The-Mean-Princess-500876201

    ReplyDelete