Take A Look at Disney

2/13/11

Happy Valentines Day (A Day Early)

I wanted to take a break from Request Month and share some of my favorite romantic Disney songs. Not all romantic songs need to be sung by a couple and sometimes they are just super fun and super cute. This is not a top 6 but just me talking about some of my favorite romantic songs.


Mickey, She's Got a Crush on You




While this one is not from any Disney movie, I still love it because it is about Mickey finding out Minnie having a crush on him. I can picture this song as precursor to Mickey & Minnie's relationship say they were in high school or something along those lines. It's just a cute song that you guys should give a listen



Are We  Dancing - The Happiest Millionaire




This song here comes from "The Happiest Millionaire", where a man and a woman sing abouthow they fell in love with each other and how the dancing represents that and with their love they can reach the skies.



Can You Feel The Love Tonight - The Lion King (Broadway)




Now I have used this song before but I just to include it again, this is my opinion the best version of "Can You Feel the  Love Tonight" even surpassing Sir Elton John's version because to me  I finally understood this song when I heard it perform on stage and the costuming and backdrops compliment this song well for the stage



I Won't Say I'm in Love - Hercules




This is a great song right here because we finally see Meg start to open up and admit to herself that she is in love with Hercules even if she tries to hide it but she is till scared of getting hurt  because of her past relationship. I also recommend the the On the Record medley that features this song but with a man singing instead.


Can You Feel the Love Tonight/I Won't Say I'm in Love/Let's Get Together




These songs work well together and I have already featured these three songs on my Top Covers of Disney songs but they are perfect and over time "Let's Get Together" has grown on me but "I Won't Say I'm in Love" is still the best part of this medley.



When She Loved Me - On The Record




Now this may seem like an odd choice but I'm including because having a man sing this song to represents love lost and how he wishes to get his love back. I find it romantic because it makes us the listeners think what happened between these two people that were once in love.



Beauty & The Beast - Angela Lansbury




How I could not include this song, it is the pinnacle of Disney romance songs and if this song does not make you heart beat or drop a tear, you got something wrong because this song is so beautiful in so many ways. I cannot picture anyone else other than Angela Lansbury singing this song. It is as though her voice was tailor made for this song.



I see the Light - Tangled




Now I know that I know I have been pushing this movie hard but it is so beautiful. I felt like I watching a painting come to life and this song showed me that Disney is back in action because this is what a Disney love song should be. Simple, sweet and a little "Oh, now I get it" for both the character and the audience about their  love for one another.


Bonus Song: Valentine Candy - The Happiest Millionaire




While this is not a love song per se, I had to include because this song inspired me to write this article. Once again, this song is  from "The Happiest Millionaire". Here in this song, the daughter of the millionaire is singing about the changes she has been noticing in her life. She asks herself, is she valentine candy meaning is she a girl who is in or is she boxing gloves meaning she is a tomboy ad afraid to fall in love. It shows that she wants to fall in love but is scared to.





1 comment:

  1. Boxing can be a very great lеarning experiencе.
    Here is my page : Indoorxtreme.Co.Uk

    ReplyDelete