Take A Look at Disney

2/8/11

Top 6 Disney Songs That are Truly Underrated Redo

When I made my list of underrated Disney songs, I included ones that really weren't all that underrated. Today, I'm going to try and fix that with songs that actually are underrated.


6. Follow Me, Boys - Follow Me, Boys





This song right here is from one of my favorite Disney movies, "Follow Me, Boys" is the story of a Boy Scout Troop and how it changes over time. It stars Fred MaMurray as the Troop leader. With a very young Kurt Russel, who the Scout master later adopts. While many things change throughout the years with the troop, this song remains the same.  They sing this song whenever they go hiking to keep their spirits. The Scoutmaster learned this song while he was serving in the war.
 Sadly, YouTube only had the instrumental version but here is a link to the lyrics.


http://www.scoutorama.com/song/song_display.cfm?song_id=326


5.  Pooh's Lullabee - The Tigger Movie





Perhaps not the obvious choice from "The Tigger Movie" but "Pooh's Lullabee" is a  cute little gem that I recently rediscovered thanks in large part to my Sherman Brother Songbook CD.   This is a cute little song, where Pooh is trying to get  "hunny" by singing the bees to sleep. One thing I like here is that it shows that Pooh has a plan to try to get the "huny" and he actually thought of something. It also an easy song to fall asleep to.


4.  Fortuosity - The Happiest Millionare






Now sadly, this is one of the few Disney movies that I have never seen baut again I discovered this song through my  Sherman Brothers CD.  This is the opening song to the movie, "The Happiest Millionare". I would tell you the plot if I knew but I don't. From what I know about this song, I assume it is about an immigrant who came to America to inherit money. One thing I truly like about this song and you see it in quite a few Sherman Brothers songs is the play on words.


3. Tall Paul  - Annette Funicello





Some people may argue that is not an offical Disney song but I would counter that with it first appeared on The Mickey Mouse Club sung by Disney star Annette Funicello and was written by the Sherman Brothers. This is a fun little song where Annette is singing about her boyfreidn, Paul as you guessed it is tall. Fun fact, this was the first Sherman Brothers song to be used by Disney.


2.  Go the Distance (Movie Version)  - Hercules




As much as I love the Micheal Bolton version of this song, the movie version does not get the recnogition it deserves. It is just as good if not better than the Bolotn version because with the movie version, it actually feels as though you are going on the journey with Hercules to discover who he is.




1. Look out for Mr. stork - Dumbo




While not my favorite Dumbo song, I  beleive this one gets over looked by "Baby Mine" and "When I see an Elephant Fly" and all the other great songs but this one is just so cute and funny talking Mr. stork delivering the babies to their respective parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment