Take A Look at Disney

5/18/12

Music Fridays # 53: More Pooh Songs (100 Acre Wood Special)




Now I know that I've been revisiting themes a bit this past year but seeing as I'm doing a Pooh Bear event, it only felt right to do another Pooh Bear Music Fridays.  With that out of the way, let's get going.




Little Mr. Roo






Our first song comes from Pooh's Heffalump Movie.  I think it is rather sweet and showcases the love Kanga has for her son very well and though I've yet to see this film,  I think this is a touching moment. Now yes Kanga does start out singing it but then we soon transition to Carly Simon who does a good job here  and I really like it.  I think this is just a tender moment that works so well.




The New Adventures of Winnie The Pooh




What, there was no way I wasn't going to talk about this song. (again)  To me this is just pure nostalgia,  I loved this show and this theme and is just so great and perfect and fits the characters quite well and sure, it's simple but it works.




Round My Family Tree






Again, another fun song even if it is a little bittersweet. On the one hand I love that Tigger is so happy about his family but on the other hand, knowing that they don't exist makes me feel bad for the guy.  Still, it's a lot of fun but I feel bad for Tigger because you just know that he has his heart set so high only for disappointment to come.  Still, this is such a great number.






Winnie The Pooh (Carly Simon)





I gotta say that I think this is the best cover of this song out there.  Of course nothing can ever top the original but still, I think Carly Simon and does it justice and I like her take on this song. It just feels natural and right to close out with a Carly Simon song.  This is a great cover of this song but still as I said not as good as the original but I like it all the same.


Join me next week I take a look at songs of the parks as I take a look at Park Celebration Songs.



No comments:

Post a Comment