Take A Look at Disney

3/12/13

Croissant de Triomphe

Mickey is back, where he belongs.  That's right, Disney has released the first of a new series of shorts starring my favorite cartoon friend.  This is Croissant de Triomphe.   It is just a silly simple short that is less about a plot and more about the gags.  And my thoughts on this, welcome home Mickey, welcome home.  



The Plot

As I said, there's not much of a plot here but the basic jist of it is that in Paris, Minnie runs a cafe and everyone at her cafe wants a croissant but she is all out, so she calls the local bakery, which I think is run by Daisy and Mickey works there as a delivery boy. And the big plot is about whether or not Mickey will get the croissants to  Minnie on time and of course, he does it.   Now another big reason that this short really relies on sight gags is because the short is not in English.  Now I do not know if it is accurate to the language but the language was French.  I actually thought this was a nice touch. Now I do see  how some people might find that distracting but me, I felt it added to the environment.   Now because of this and seeing as this short just came out today, I will not be listing the voice actors yet. But once that is posted, I will update this and put their names in here.



Characters


Mickey Mouse

















Okay first off, I have to say that I love the animation design in this short as it is just so pretty and while it does remind of the older shorts, it still stands out as being new. Anyways, Mickey is really fun in this short and I love seeing his determination. As he will  not let anyone or anything stop him from getting the croissants to Minnie.  Also there is a great Cinderella cameo, in which he crashes through  the castle and causes the glass slipper to break.


Mickey's Scooter





















Mickey's Scooter was just as much a character in this short as was Mickey.  He could be best described as Mickey's companion. That he was there to aid Mickey and he was a very fun companion to have around.



Minnie















The best way to describe Minnie is to say that she was frantic and that is very easy to understand as she didn't have the item, that her customers wanted most. And she was just waiting on Mickey to get there, so that she could  give them, what they wanted.



My Final Thoughts


As I said this short is the first in a series of shorts that Disney will be producing starring my favorite Mouse and it's a welcome return.  Quite honestly, this review could not do this short justice.   If I'm to be honest,  I do like the short but I like the fact that Disney is trying to make new Mickey shorts even more.   Because as much as I love the little guy, it is true that he really hasn't done much in a while and so this short pleased me in that regard.    I do hope that you check out this short as I feel this is a perfect reminder of why I fell in love with Mickey.  Here is a link to it on Disney's site.

4 comments:

  1. Remember how I was complaining that Disney wasn't doing anything with the character? This is what they should be doing. Taking him in a new art style and bringing him back to his old roots rather than have him play it safe. But it was a big risk making him in this new style, but that's why it works. Had it been animated as per the norm it'd have been dull. Doing this shows that since Disney are taking risks it shows the character can branch of the stereotype I previously mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think your right that the new style and taking Mickey back to his roots was a successful risk.

      Delete
  2. I always wondered what exactly they were saying..

    ReplyDelete