Take A Look at Disney

10/24/13

Third Year Anniversary





Man,  it's been three years already.  I can't believe it.  Now,  if you read the ME thread, where I announced my Third Year, you saw that I am going to do something a little different.  I decided to not post a poll like I had in the past.  No, instead,  I announced  that I'd be tackling a well liked Pixar film, I severely dislike.    A film, that if you know this series and know me,  you know what film that is...






Yes,  The Incredibles.  Oh,  how I loathe this film.  I will say that I almost backed out of this.  Let's begin.


6.  I Was Bored


This is only at # 6 because I don't feel that it's a good enough reason to be higher but honestly,  I could not get invested into the story and I really didn't like most of the characters and  visually,  I just didn't anything all that exciting to look at. It also felt like the film dragged on,  I swear I was asking myself "When will this end?"


5.   Some of The Scenes Just Looked Ugly To Me


Yeah,  I know this one isn't good, when you don't have an example but I felt like some of the scenes were just too dark for me to stay focused on what was going on.  Now, I get that this was supposed to have the feel of a superhero film but maybe, this just goes into my problem,  with these scenes,  they just made it hard for me to have fun.


4.   The Characters Were Mostly Unlikable 





I covered this one in number 6 but again, it bares repeating and this will be brought up again, I  FREAKING HATE THESE CHARACTERS.  To me, they have no interesting qualities to them and perhaps, the only one that comes even somewhat close to being likable is Elastagirl because she is a good mother trying to work hard and do the right thing for her family, who at the beginning of the film, it seems as though a certain member put his own needs above his wife.  Yeah, we will be getting to him in 3 spots.   These characters are just  annoying and unlikable.


3.   Syndrome Was The Most Interesting Character



This is going to seem a bit silly, considering my number two but here's the thing,  I actually liked Syndrome (Gasp, I liked something in this piece of garbage)  and thought that he was the best character in the film because he had the most interesting story going on here and I just felt if the focus had been shifted to him, that this would've actually kept my attention longer.  I mean as you saw  I said wanted Syndrome because  most of the other characters were just grating on my last nerve.   Now I'm not saying that him trying to be Mr. Incredible's sidekick was the smartest thing in the world and I understand Mr. Incredible not wanting him around but using that as revenge to me is far more interesting then a story about a jerk ass washed up superhero who wants to get back in  the game.  



2.   Parts Just Felt Mean-Spirited 


This is easily one of my biggest issues with the film.  There were parts such as at Bob Parr's office with his boss, where this film seemed to revel in just being cruel to it's characters and treating them like crap.  Not saying he didn't deserve it but  even to some of the other characters and this ties back into what I was saying about how I feel this film was a little dark.  Not like in TS3, where it served a purpose (even though that is another film I've tried one of these lists for), it just seemed dark for the sake of being dark.


1.  Mr. Incredible 




THIS CHARACTER, This character is the biggest reason I hate the film. As I said up top,  I just find him to be very unlikable. Oh sure, don't get me wrong I can applaud him for wanting to help people and do the right thing and I get that during the film, he is going through a bit of a mid-life crisis but he was just such a dull character.   I mean, I normally don't mind nice guy characters but there was very little for me to be interested in with this character and the big kicker is him keeping his  new job, a secret for so long.  You are supposed to be honest in a relationship and that is not setting a good example.   I just really HATE this character.



Keep in mind, that if you like this movie, that's fine but I felt this was the right time to finally get this over with.  I've tip-toed around it for long enough.    There you have, my 6 reasons I don't like this film.  This'll be the only time, I talk about this movie on this blog.  But to close out my blog, how about something I do like.    



Hmm,  maybe I'll review that or Saving Mr. Banks for the Fourth Year.     Thanks to everyone that has read my blog for the past three years and thanks to Manic for giving me a voice and allowing me to spread my wings and try new things.  I've grown from one blog to now three, only in the course of three years. Wow, where has the time gone.  I still recall my very first article about A Goofy Movie, boy that takes me back and you know the best part about this blogging experience is that I've met a lot of great people that I've come to consider my friends.  Thank you!    








No comments:

Post a Comment