Take A Look at Disney

8/17/14

My Thoughts On How To Get Figment More Popular Outside The Parks






Hello & welcome back to A Look at Disney and today, we are doing something a little different.    Now,  I'll admit that I am in part borrowing this idea from a Disney forum.   Figment,  I love Figment.  He's   my favorite  Disney Parks character.  And he's back with The Dreamfinder  in  the Figment  comic book series  (which is Fantastic,  and I'll be reviewing those once the miniseries is complete).















Figment  is  one of the most popular and beloved EPCOT Characters  and from my reading in D23 and looking  it up online,   Figment  was in a series of educational  shorts.  I originally wanted to look at those shorts but alas  very little footage  of those shorts  are online saved for a clip of Peter Pan from Reading Magic with Figment and Peter Pan.  In which Figment  and a young girl help teach Peter Pan, the joys of reading.















I really wanted to review this short because it sounded so cool and to learn that my favorite dragon was in a series of shorts  in the '80s.   I was a little disappointed that I couldn't find it because this just seemed so cool.   Anyways,  on WDWmagic.com,  I saw  a forum  suggesting a  Disney Junior  show  for Figment.












Now,  on the one hand,  a  Disney  Junior  preschool  show isn't a bad idea  because  Figment and Dreamfinder were all about teaching  kids about imagination and kids would eat  up  Figment.   He is just adorable  and  just so friendly  and lovable.   I  also think that  Dreamfinder should be in the show and be  like the wise old uncle/grandpa character for the kids, i.e.  an Uncle Walt  character.   What would the setup be?  Well,  that's  tough  but  I think one way to go about it is that it takes  place  in the Imagination Pavilion and have  Dreamfinder  and Figment  tell  of their  adventures  to   other dimensions  and realms  and  how  what they learned  there, helped  them  in their  time  of need.    With  that,  I think  Dreamfinder  should  be played  by  a  Human  actor  at  least  in the opening and closing segments where he introduces  the stories  but then have the adventures  be animated. 













Also, the chimera  from the comic  book needs to be in the show because he is so cute.


Cuteness  Overload















Now,   I would  also  stress  that this show  should NOT  be  a  Dora  clone,  where Figment  or Dreamfinder  interact  with the  kids watching  at home.   Instead,   just  let the  show tell  a story.  Now  the comics  so far have  shown  that  a story  revolving  these two can work but  obviously,  if this show were to be done, it  most  likely  would not  use the comic because  that's  more for  older fans that grew  up with the original attraction. The  idea here is  to introduce  Figment  to a new  generation  of kids  that may not know  who he  is.     As  for the theme song, easy,  you can use  One Little Spark   but apparently,  Figment  also  had  his own theme song for those education shorts.  Here's a link to it (quality isn't the best). That isn't bad  and  does  have a very friendly  kid vibe to it.  So, yeah  maybe that could work.   That's also another thing that I think is key to this show.  Most kids  show nowadays  have at least one song per episode in them such as MLP and Sofia The First and I think a Figment TV show should follow suit and Figment seems  like the perfect character to give multiple songs to.    You could clearly  use them in the same vein as the aforementioned shows to express a feeling  such as happiness, sadness  like   the song,    Me and My Mom
from  the mother's day episode of Sofia The First. 




Now,    I would like this show to happen  as  a Figment fan and I truly think this would be the right path to go to get more people acquainted with the lovable purple dragon.   Tell me in the comments,  what are some other  Disney  attractions, you think would make good kids'  shows.     Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment