Take A Look at Disney

8/3/14

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles at Disney World






Hello & welcome back to A Look at Disney.  Well, this week, we have a new Turtles movie coming out and I don't  care what  anyone says, I am excited for this film.  To me, it looks awesome but I bet, most of you are wondering what this  has to do with Disney, if anything.  Well, believe it or not,  from 1990 to 1996, you could meet the Ninja Turtles at MGM Studios.  They would drive around  the New York streets  of the park on the Turtle Van.  There is a video  of it  on YouTube, here ya go.












And then they would ninja  dance onstage.   Ooh,  idea  Ninja  Dance Off between the Turtles and Ninja Style Dance.   Nah, meanwhile April sang the theme song. 











And  while onstage, an announcer would introduce the Turtles with Mikey ordering a pizza.  Okay, that's funny. And then  kids could get autographs from the Turtles and their picture taken with them.  And beyond that,  the Turtles  would even appear  in the Disney parades.  Here is a video of them with Alan Thicke aka Mr. Seaver from Growing Pains  singing "Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town".   Oh dear lord,   this is so bad.  Why did I like this?  WOW  (still less embarrassing than The Next Mutation). 













Now,  it's funny  looking back at the Turtles  being a part  of Disney World but when you take into consideration the time frame,  you can factor  in Jim Henson into the equation as around this time, he was making a deal with Disney to use his characters and  Henson made the Turtles for the '90s film.   Now, I do not know  if this actually played a part in the decision but this would not surprise me.









I have to say that I'm a little disappointed that I never got to see the Turtles, when I went to Disney World but  I would've loved to meet them there.  Looking this up for this article almost makes me chuckle knowing that not too far across from Disney World (Looking up directions,  it's only two minutes away), you can meet the 2012 Turtles and they have done  special events such as a throwback to the original series.





Now from everything, I've looked up and believe me, it was hard finding information on this,  I do not believe that Disney owned the Turtles,  just the rights to use them at the parks in the '90s.  Which  is interesting as I would've never imagined seeing the Turtles at Disney World.  I hope you fellow Turtles  fans  have enjoyed this article and it was really cool to go back and look at something that  is rather rare.  There is only one way to close this thing out. Mikey, hit it.     Oh, and Cowabunga!

No comments:

Post a Comment