Take A Look at Disney

6/29/15

A Look at The Magic of Storybrooke In Disney World: My Thoughts On The Mr. Gold's Pawn Shop Window Display in Hollywood Studios




Hello & welcome back to A Look at Disney.  And well, as you can tell from the title, this is a A Look at Disney/Magic of Storybrooke hybrid. And that is because there is news that is exciting for Oncers coming from the Disney Parks.  Recently,  a Window Display based on Mr. Gold's Pawn Shop from Once Upon A Time was put in  Hollywood Studios. 





Now alas,  it's just a window display and not the actual store but hey, I'll take what I can get.  Though I've seen many other Oncers say that they would love a meet  & greet with Mr.  Gold. Sign me up for that, dearie.  Do you know how much fun a meet & greet with The Dark One could be?  Oh, I'm just getting goosebumps thinking about it. And just imagine if he had The Dagger and guests got to use it.  That'd be SO COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And honestly, Disney could look within the OUAT fan community has some pretty great cosplayers and even still, that'd be a lot of fun.  And it's funny but a while ago on Facebook, I threw out the thought that I'd be down for  a Once Upon A Time Weekends Event a la Star Wars Weekends.  Now, sure Once does have fan conventions such as Fairy Tales and Regal Con, Which to be fair, I only know of these thanks to the hosts of Greetings From Storybrooke.


 



  Would I love to go to one of these but my thinking here is that if Disney could have an official Once Upon A Time event at one of their parks, they'd probably get a lot of Oncers to come for it.  Because people love this show.  So much so that earlier this year, hundreds of Oncers flocked to the small town in Canada, where Once is filmed.   That should give you an idea of how much people love this show. And perhaps it's just me but the idea of getting to meet Robert Carlyle at Once Upon A Time event in Disney World would be awesome.  Now look I'm not even sure if  the window display is permanent For all I know, it may be gone by the next time I go to Disney World. I hope not because I really want my picture taken in front of it.  And Hollywood Studios is the perfect park to put this in.   They've had other Once stuff there before such as before Season 4 premiered, they had a PhotoPass opportunity, where you could get your'e picture taken in front of a Once backdrop and Regina and Once's Elsa would appear in the picture with you.  





And I swear at one point, they had Regina's  Evil Queen dress from the pilot on display there but alas I couldn't find any pictures of it.  Do I think Once will get anymore representation in Disney World beyond the Mr. Gold window display.  I'm not sure but I'd love it, if it did.  I don't need rides or shows but something like an annual event would be cool.   What are your thoughts? Let me know in the comments. Peace!



No comments:

Post a Comment