Take A Look at Disney

3/13/13

The Mouse House: The Little Mermaid II: Return To The Sea (The Revenge of Darkfan21 Pt. 4)

DisneyOtoko: Moviefan12! (cleaning up after the skirmish) You alright?

Moviefan12:  Yeah,  I'm fine. Ow my eye is hurting like crazy though.  *pulls out eyepatch and DisneyOtoko looks confused*  Oh, this thing.   I have a stash of these just in case of an eyepatch emergency.  Haven't had one yet but there's a first time for everything.



DisneyOtoko: Fusionater! (Casts light from Keyblade and gives Fusionater a Hi Potion) The Darkness plays many tricks. I'm actually disappointed in Darkfan for using such a petty illusion. Still for those that don't see it coming it can be quite a strain. It's best we let him rest Moviefan. He'll be okay. I guess it's my turn.


Moviefan12: I can't let you do this alone, not after you helped me through my trial.  Of course, I'm feeling a little weak at the moment.  But I can take care of that. *starts singing*

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the Fates' design
Save what has been lost
Bring back what once was mine
What once was mine


Moviefan12: Ah, that's better.  

Hello and Welcome to a very special episode of The Mouse House! As many of you know The Little Mermaid is the film that changed my life, made me a Disney fan, and gave my life direction and meaning. My gratitude for the film and everyone who worked on it will never cease. The same thing can not be said for the SEQUEL!!!!!!!! No, not Mermaid 3 because that's a decent one, but the second movie!

Now this may be a little false advertising, but this isn't exactly "a film so terrible I refuse to review it!" Look I'll pretty much review anything good or bad. Actually the movies I won't really review are the universally fantastic movies! Like Beauty and the Beast (my favorite Disney film) or Mary Poppins because what else is there to say? Everyone knows about them and loves them and has said all the reasons why they're amazing! I won't review something that well loved unless I can get something new or a new idea or theme or character observation that no one has really said before that will make my review worth writing. It's very similar to how Doug Walker approaches his reviews. I first came to this realization when I sat down to review Final Fantasy VII to celebrate the 25th Anniversary of the series. What I noticed was that other reviewers and fans alike have already stated the reasons why it's one of the best games ever made and its contributions to the video game industry, history and just art in general. A copy of it is in the Smithsonian for God's sake! Anyway I'm getting sidetracked!

What I stated above could also apply to the most mundane and droll of bad media. And yes this is pretty bad, but nothing truly horrible. It's just a lifeless rehash of the original right down to the plot points and plot events. Melody is a hollow shell of her mother lacking everything that made Ariel interesting, fun, likable have an infectious personality, and endearing. Ariel is now a lesser developed version of her father and while the film could play with the irony and create various moments of awesome character development for Ariel post first film this film completely doesn't do that! The villain is a pathetic whiny Ursula clone and the supporting cast is just as hollow as everyone else! The songs while okay don't improve things much. This is just an easy 2 out of 5. Nothing God awful, but everything else just fails to capitalize on its potential and its world (the animated series was still canon at the time). 



Moviefan12:  If I'm to be honest, I don't really hate this movie. For the longest time, I considered it the best of the direct-to-video sequels. Now, I don't think that any longer but I do feel that it is one of the better ones out there.  Really, the best way to sum this up us to say that it is just the first film in reverse.  Now what do I like? Well, to be honest, I  kinda like Melody.  Why is that? Well, I like her personality and I think she's a bit fun to be honest. Sure, she's not the greatest character out there but as female lead, there are worse. Bella Swan, anyone?  Yes, I'll admit that she is just a younger version of her mother and that their relationship is too similar to that of Ariel and Triton from the original but but I can't hate her.  The same cannot be said for Tip and Dash, however. My God, I hate these characters. These two have to be two of the most annoying comic relief characters in any film, I've ever seen.  It felt like they were trying to make Timon & Pumbaa  type characters for the world of The Little Mermaid. Here's the difference,  Timon and Pumbaa are funny.   Tip and Dash are NOT funny.    Now, the other big problem I have is that as DisneyOtoko pointed Morgana is just a clone of her sister or as I would say Ursula after a year on Jenny Craig.   So, this film while not good by any stretch of the imagation is not one I can bring myself to hate unlike say Hunchback II.   At the end of the day, I find this film to be meh.  



Moviefan12:  Fusionater's still resting. Good, I don't want him to hear this.   You remember what I said the other day about killing Darkfan.   Well, I meant it but there is something that I left out.  In order for Darkfan to die, I too must die.   *DisneyOtoko tries to interrupt Moviefan12* I don't want to hear it, look do you know why I started studying magic?  It was so that I could find out more about Darkfan21 and through some research I found that we are connected.  You see Darkfan21 isn't a person per se but rather the embodiment of what would happen if I were to turn evil.  Go figure, I'd make a lame villain.  Well, I am a lame hero.   That's why during our first encounter, he had no trouble taking over my body.  Because he is a part of me. I've thought about this and I'll admit I'm scared but this has to be done. Because I'm tired of dealing with him. And if this is the only way to get rid of him, then I'm willing to make that sacrifice.  Day in and day out, I worry about what he'll do next and knowing he is actually me scares me.  Don't try to stop me,  I've made up  my on this and promise me, you will not tell Fusionater about this.   I mean who is going to care if I'm gone, I'm just a nobody.  I know that you'll try to talk me out of this but this is something I have to do.  There is no other choice.  If I live, Darkfan can still  bring upon acts of evil and who's to say there isn't a possibility of the two of us merging and the evil will take over.   Right now, there is no other option.     I'm sorry I didn't tell you this sooner but I didn't know how to approach this subject.   Look, I can tell you this much, I will go down fighting.



*At Darkfan's lair*

Darkfan21: So, Moviefan12 has finally learned the truth.  I was wondering when that fool would discover that we were connected. And that idiot is willing to let himself die, so that his friends can live.   Boy that has to be the stupidest thing I've ever heard of.  No matter, he wishes to die, I'll arrange for that to happen. Of course, that means I will be gone too but I've had my fun and if it means, I get to take out Moviefan12 with me. Excellent, it makes my decision in deciding who to kill all the easier.     Sometimes, you do get what you want.   God, it pays to be evil.


TO BE CONCLUDED ON


A Look at Disney



No comments:

Post a Comment