Take A Look at Disney

5/10/13

Music Fridays # 93: Nick Pitera



Hello & welcome back to A Look at Disney. Rarely, do I ever  cover people who were made famous on the web on Music Fridays but I had to make an exception for today.  Nick Pitera is one of the most amazing  singers and video makers on YouTube with One Man tributes and he has done plenty of Disney tributes and to see thees videos,  you'll be amazed and astounded.  The time and dedication that he puts into these videos truly show and I would being you a disservice if I did not feature him on Music Fridays.  But where to where to start.  Ah, how about with something very close to my heart.  His Newsies tribute.



One Man Newsies







There are no words.   Nick captured everything I loved about the songs of Newsies with this One Man tribute.  Wow, just wow.  Is all I can say is just WOW and the way, he seamlessly transitions from one song to the next is astounding. This video shows me that in Nick, I have another member of the Fansies.  As you can hear the love and respect he has for these songs as he sings.   Just, wow.  To be honest, I'd known of Nick  because of his One Many Disney Tribute but this video is what made me a fan of him and I only came across while looking for YouTube links for my Screen To Stage for Newsies.   And being the fan of Newsies that I am,  I LOVED this video.   It made me so so happy to see a video like this dedicated to Newsies.  


I See The Light 







I'll admit, I was cautious of this one because I usually  don't like it when guys sing songs that were meant for women but somehow it doesn't bug me here.   He does a very good Rapunzel.   Never thought, I'd be saying that and wow, his Flynn is even better.  When I first heard his Flynn Rider, I thought I was listening to the movie.  This is an awesome cover.  Of course like Newsies, I had my reservations because of how much I love Tangled but all those reservations and fears of this not being good, went out the window the moment, Nick started singing. 




A Whole New World








Okay, I believe, this is one of his older videos but it is still pretty good and man, it's a little eerie, how good he is, with the female voices. Especially since we get to hear his real voice in this video.  Still, quite amazing.  Not my favorite from him but honestly, I haven't heard anything from him that has disappointed me. Oh, he got to sing this on Ellen.



One Man Lion King Tribute







Nick did this video for the 15th anniversary of The Lion King on Broadway.  I like it but I think his Newsies tribute is better.   Though I do think this one other then his Disney tribute has the most costume changes.   I think that he is at best with Shadowland in this video.  The rest is all very good though.


One Man Disney Movie

  



And now, we end this Music Fridays with his Piece de Resistance in terms of his Disney videos.  How do I describe this video?   Um, Rainbow Dash, you wanna help me out here?






Yeah, that perfectly sums my thoughts on this video.   There is no other way to say how much I greatly enjoy this video.   It is amazing and again, the way, he quickly changes from one song to the next without hesitation is great.  Of course, I imagine, he probably did some editing but  I don't care because it feels so natural.   Honestly,  I'm saddened that I didn't know more about his library of work until this year and he doesn't just do Disney as he has a Les Mis and Phantom tribute along with some original work but still,  I'm so grateful that I discovered these videos as they just make me so happy.  





I sincerely hope you've enjoyed this Music Fridays as much as I've enjoyed these videos.   I'm honored that I was able to share them with you and I urge you to check Nick Pitera's other videos.   Peace!





2 comments:

  1. Wow, I didn't know he also did a tribute to Newsies. I started to like his work even more! It was a really fun edition of Music Fridays. But seriously every single Music Fridays is enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete