Take A Look at Disney

12/20/10

The Reasons why I love A Goofy Movie

This was my very first post and in it, I talk about my favorite movie, "A Goofy Movie".  I hope you enjoy


Hi, I'm Moviefan12  and this is my first blog on this site.  Today, I would like to talk about my favorite movie, "A Goofy Movie".   There are so many reasons why I love this movie ranging from Max and Goofy's relationship, the songs and during this movie I made an incredible discovery.   I will be breaking this down and giving each topic their own time.   Another reason, I love this movie is even though it is a continuation  of "Goof Troop" it does not feel forced and the characters were allowed more freedom in that sense.

Reason 1 - Goofy & Max's Relationship

One of the many reasons, I enjoy this movie is because of the relationship between Max and Goofy.  It feels like a natural father/son relationship.  You can see that Goofy truly cares for Max and would do anything to protect him.  Goofy's willingness to protect Max is seen when Principal Macer calls him and says that Max is a delinquent and Goofy knows in his heart  that is not true but he is worried, thus he plans the fishing trip.  While Goofy is a great dad, Max just thinks he well excuse the pun... a goof.   Max does care about his dad but he is embarrassed by his father, this is best seen when Max and Goofy are leaving Lester's Possum Park and throws his possum hat onto the ground.   I like how the weather plays into this seen.  Max is angry and thunder, and the thunder sounds like someone shouting.  Goofy is saddened that his plan is not working which is represented by the rain. Goofy and Max's relationship does get better but only because Goofy gives Max some freedom but Max abused the relationship.  They do not actually come to understand what each other need until the beautiful song "Nobody Else but You".  I'll talk about that more in my next section.  They finally see how lucky they are to have each other in their lives.

Reason 2 - The Songs

This movie has an amazing soundtrack, these songs are just awesome. Right from the get go, the audience is for a treat with cool songs.  The first song "After Today" , definitely falls under the category of one the coolest  Disney Songs ever. Yeah, it just a lot of high schoolers singing about what they are going after the last day of school but the heart of the song is really about Max trying to get  Roxanne to notice him. Part of the reason, this song is so cool is because of the way it is sung and apparently I’m not only the one who thinks this is  a cool song as there  awesome remakes on YouTube. This is one is my personal favorite, it  feels as though they brought the cartoon to life.

 


The two Powerline songs “121” and “Stand Out”   have a feel  Michael Jackson/Prince type of  vibe and I feel that’s what they were going for.   Out  of the two Powerline songs,   “121”   is the stronger because “Stand Out” is a fun song, “121”  serves as a great climax song and the lyrics are true to the status of Goofy and Max at the end, they  realize as long they have each other, they’ll be fine.  It is fitting that this song follow “Nobody Else But You”   because while the songs are sung differently  and have a different vibe they both share a similar message, that as long Goofy and Max are there for each other nothing can harm them.    “On the Open Road” while one of my personal favorites ,  it is the strangest and sort of feels out of place for this movie because it  feels like a Big Staged Broadway production.  While the rest of the songs aren’t,  every other song is simple but not this one.  Still, it’s an awesome song.  The weakest song from this movie is “Lester’s Possum Park”  and that is partially due to fact that is so annoying!  This song is annoying because it is repetitive and it sounds like a song you would Chuck E. Cheese. Although, I think  the people behind were trying to either make fun of that or The Country Bear Jamboree. Either way the humor came through but that song is just so annoying. 



Reason 3 -  My Discovery

In the introduction, I said I made an incredible discovery.  That discovery came when Goofy and Max were playing the game “Man or Woman”  and both times they said Walt Disney.  The first time, I saw this movie I did not realize Walt  Disney was a real person,  I thought it was just the name for the company.  Once I realized, he was a real person,  my mind went “Whoa!”  In many ways,  I owe a great debt of gratitude to this movie for introducing to this creative genius and helping me to become the Disney fan, I am today.


My Final Thoughts
This movie has great songs, I appreciate that introduced me to one of my heroes and I like the father/son relationship. My only complaints are more directed towards the sequel but this is about why I love  “A Goofy Movie”  and not that other movie. Please leave your thoughts

I hope  everyone enjoys this article and feel free to comment

No comments:

Post a Comment