Take A Look at Disney

5/20/11

Top 6 Disney Characters as Star Wars Characters

Now this might be going against what I said in my Top 6 Things I won't review since I'm including Star Wars but that is mainly due to Star Tours which is housed at Disney's Hollywood Studios and Disneyland. There was no way of avoiding it either. This is a big week for Disney  World as Star Tours: The Adventure Continues had its soft opening this weekend. So I have decided to do two special Top 6's for both of these events. The first counting down my Top 6 Favorite Disney Characters as Star Wars characters and the next one being Disney Characters as Pirates characters. Since some Disney characters have taken on multiple roles in the Star Wars universe, I'll list those those ones together


6. Jedi Stitch/Stitch as Yoda






Our first entry is one that is actually a double. Here we have Stitch. First we see Stitch as a Jedi and you know I can actually buy Stitch being a Jedi because I think he would make a great one because he is strong and powerful. Not so sure how in sync he is with the force though but I would love to see Stitch fight Darth Vader as that would be funny as anything. Next we have Stitch as Yoda.  When I saw this I just busted out laughing because these characters could not be more different. Yoda is wise and calm while strong but he knows how to control his power. While Stitch is just a a rambunctious little guy. Still this has to be one of the funniest pairings that I have seen.


5. Pete as Boba Fett




Now I didn't even know that this one existed until I started looking up pictures for this Top 6 and I have to say that I like it. Again this is one that I would have never thought of because these two character's personalities could not be more different. Boba Fett is the serious bounty hunter sent out to do his job and capture whoever needs capturing. While Pete is the bumbling villian who is always trying to take down Mickey and the gang. From a villin prespective it's a nice touch.


4. Minnie as Leia




 This seems to be the most practial choice for Minnie as Leia was the female lead and I like the costume simple but it works. However some of the other casting really messes up with this such as the fact that Donald Duck takes on the role of Han Solo and Mickey is Luke.  For that I like to pertend that they are just playing the roles because I'm sorry Minnie belongs with Mickey. That is part of the reason why I'm only placing her at # 4. Now beofre anyoen asks, yes there is a Slave Leia Minnie as well.





Maybe I'm just being a prude when I think this but seeing Minnie in the Slave Leia outfit just seems werid. Now I know that this one of the outfits that Leia wore during the original trilogy but come on it's Minnie Mouse. Not exactly a character you'd think you would see wear this outfit.


3.  Stormtrooper Donald




Now as I said before Donald takes on the role of Han Solo but he also takes on the role of a Stromtrooper and I actually like the idea of Donald being a Stromtrooper a bit more. This isn't the first combo that would have come to mind when I thought Donald Duck and Star Wars but it is unique. Now with Donald also taking on the role of Han Solo. I guess you could argue this is Donald as Han when Han and Luke pertended to be Stortroopers in order to save Leia.


2. Mickey as Luke Skywalker




Now as much as I think this is the practial choice for Mickey. I'm only placing it at number 2 because it just feels so obvious. I mean yeah, I get Luke is the star of Star Wars and Mickey is the big Disney star so putting these two characters together when it comes to a fusion of Disney and Star Wars does make sense. I kind of feel as though they took the easy route when deciding what Star Wars character Mickey should be.  I don't have a problem with him porteaying another main character but I don't know this one just doesn't sit well with me. Still I like Mickey so that is part of the reason why I have listed this one at 2 but personally I would have rather seen Donald as Luke and Mickey as Han espeically with Minnie being Leia. Although Mickey did take on another classic character brought to us from Lucas that I actually like.






Mickey as Indy  Now that's awesome.



1. Darth Goofy/Goofy as Chewbecca







Yep, number 1 is actually Goofy as two different Star Wars characters. Let's start with Goofy as Vader or I like to call him, Darth Goofy. This is bar one of the funniest combos I have seen, I mean could you just imagine Goofy as Sith Lord. The Death Star would have been blown up sooner due to his clumisness.  Plus the idea of hearing the Goofy Holler from Goofy falling out of the Death Star just makes me laugh a little on the inside.  All right our next one is Goofy as Chewbecca and Chewie has always been my favorite Star Wars character. I don't know why but for some reason this combo makes the most sense to me. Plus I kind would like to see more of Goofy as Wookie.


Now while they also have a collection of the Disney characters as characters from the prequel trilogy, none of them truly stood out to me except for Goofy as Jar Jar Binks.





I'll admit I thought Jar Jar was funny in The Phantom Menace bt after that he just became annoying  Still even as annoying as Jar Jar is. This combo makes perfect sense as Goofy and Jar Jar both comic releif characters.   Althought I must say Goofy as Jar Jar looks way creepier than my other two Goofy entries.


There you are these are my Top 6 Disney Characters as Star Wars Characters. What's your favorite? Is there a Disney/Star Wars Combo tht you'd like to see that wasn't listed. Personally, one that I would like to see and I even looked for it but it doesn't exist is Donald Duck as Admiral Ackbar, if only to hear Donald say "It's a trap!" Again I hope you enjoyed this speical Top 6.

Return of The Requests and Fan Voted Top 6

Don't forget, if you want me to review something for Return of The Requests, you have until June 10th to submit something.  Now  I already have a few movie reviews lined up. This isn't saying that  I won't review a movie if you request it but I'm also looking for some TV shows to balance it out. Also during Return of The Requests, two speical Music Fridays will appear.

The first one being Requested Songs. Now I already have one song lined up for that and I'm looking for three more. The first 4 songs requested will appear on this Music Fridays. So long as it has not already been on Music Fridays.

Now, the next one is a Top 6. If you recall a while back I started a vote for the Top 6 songs that have been on A Look at Disney. Well that is still open and the list of songs that you can vote for will be put up again shortly but that will be the last day you can vote for your song of choice. A song just needs three votes to get locked in and the first 6 songs to get three votes will be locked in. This will called Our Top 6 as you guys voted for the songs but I'll rank them.

No comments:

Post a Comment