Take A Look at Disney

8/9/11

Disney Books To Check Out

Hey guys, just thought I would give you this small list of books to check out if you want to do some Disney reading.  First up if your someone that wants to know a little bit about the parks and the people that made them possible, I recommend this book.


Walt Disney's Imagineering Legends and The Genesis of the Theme Park




Now of course this book does talk about Walt, but it also brings up other people that were important in the process of bringing the parks to life and by reading about them, you can feel the love and labor they put into the attractions that they built.  It's a pretty short read with only 10 chapters from people who brought the music to life to the renaissance people who dabbled in a little bit of each section of Imagineering.  It is authored by Jeff Kurti, who is known for some great Disney books and this one is a must read if you have ever wondered what it takes to bring these magical parks to life.


Disney Dossiers: Files of Characters From The Walt Disney Studios




Here again, we have another book authored by Jeff Kurti.  This time around though, it is best described of the Disney characters.  Only Disney characters, you won't see in Pixar characters in this book.  This book is when I first learned about The Reluctant Dragon.   This book is great with how it talks about the characters. It lists their filmography,  their age, first appearance onscreen and what type of character they are.  Granted, it may seem a bit confusing to read at first but it is pretty easy to figure out and you may learn facts about your favorite Disney character that you didn't know before.




How To Be Like Walt




I have read many biographies about Walt Disney but this one holds a special place in my heart.  The author gets personal and he makes the book feel inviting.  That is the best thing. Other thing that I love about this book is at the end of each chapter, he takes a look at the life of Walt Disney and examines how the readers can use the examples of Walt's life to help improve their daily lives. I just think this is a great idea and it is such a unique take on the biography idea.


There you have it, these are just some Disney books that I think you guys  might enjoy.  I know I wasn't very descriptive with some of these books but I didn't want to spoil them but I do think that anyone who reads my blogs, could find some form of enjoyment out of these books.




   

No comments:

Post a Comment