Take A Look at Disney

1/19/12

Music Fridays # 39: Songs To Brighten A Bad Day




Sometimes,  you can have a bad day  and you might like our fine feathered friend up there,  lose your cool.   That happened to me last Wednesday when if it could go wrong it did. I don't want to get into the details but I realized that something  that always cheers me up is a good song. So today, I'll be taking a look at Disney songs that can brighten my day.


Zero To  Hero 





This song is just fun and the ladies do a fantastic job of singing it. You'll notice a theme of  most of these songs being upbeat.  This song is just so fun to listen to when I'm having a bad day because the tune can pick me up and just put one big smile on my face. Hercules may not be regarded as one of Disney's better films but I enjoy it and I think this song is part of the reason why.  True, not the greatest song in the film but I'm saving that  one for Valentines.   This one is just so much fun as I stated before and just makes me feel happy.


The Wonderful Thing About Tiggers




This next song comes from my favorite resident of the 100 Acre Woods.  Ti-double G-E-R or Tigger.  This song as with the rest from this film was penned by The Sherman Brothers and the thing I like about this song is how it feels bouncy and matches Tigger's bouncy personality.  If Tigger can't cheer you up, something's wrong      or your watching The Tigger Movie, very depressing film by the way but all the same this is a great song and just so much fun to listen to when you need cheering up.


Prince Ali




Ah, Genie another character that could always make me happy.  I think the thing I love about this song is how big it feels and I love the parade but right now I can't help but think of Paw's roll count joke from his Music Movies review of Aladdin, which puts an even bigger smile on my face. There's that and the line, "He's got the monkeys" is so ridiculous that I can't help but laugh at it.


Okay for this  final song, it comes from a film that draws much hate from Disney fans and others alike but I enjoyed this film and this song always put me in a good mood during high school when I  was having a rough day and trust me with everything I had going on, there were a lot of rough days.  Let's just get this out of the way from High School Musical...


Stick To The Status Quo




Is this song cheesy? You betcha,  but I love it for it.   I can't explain it but I used to sing along to this song on my HSM soundtrack (don't judge me)  and I always made sure I had sing along mode turned on on my DVD for this song (fine, judge if you must)  because I just loved singing along to this song.   It was the one song from the film that stuck with me the most and even today, I still enjoy it even if this video reminds me of why I disliked Sharpay in the first place yet at the same time reminds me of the crush on Ashley Tisdale I had and I think that is part of the reason  I would watch this over and over for her.  Has any of you guys ever had a crush on someone famous but hated a character they played?  It just seems odd but I have moved on from her to another lady. (Ah, Carrie Underwood)   Anyways,  this was always my favorite song from the first film because I found it to be the most fun.


There you have it four songs to brighten a bad day. What are some songs that you listen to when your feeling down and they pick your right back up, tell me in the comments.




4 comments:

  1. I enjoyed all of the songs, and the use of Donald Duck picture is awesome. The only thing I want to point out would be that there should have been more songs! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, glad you enjoyed this and as for the number of songs, unless it's something really special or I feel like I want to talk about more, 4 is the limit. The Donald Duck picture felt like a perfect one for this article.

      Delete
  2. I'll Make a Man Out of You from Mulan always gets me pumped and cheers me up. It's my motivation song. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great one and one of my favorites. The only reason, it didn't show up here is because I've talked about it twice now on Music Fridays and generally, I don't like going over the same song more than twice.

      Delete