Take A Look at Disney

3/28/12

The First Ever A Look at Disney Character Tourney

 I bring to you the first ever A Look at Disney Character Tourney, where you get to vote for your favorite character and the theme is Classic Characters.   I'll give you my thoughts on each of the match ups here today.


Now this may seem dragged out a bit but I'll only be doing one match up at a time but I think you guys should be able  to figure out how is this going to work.   Before the final round, there will be two rounds, which will be broken down into two match ups.


Round 1

Match Up 1: Mickey Vs. Oswald

  






This one I have to say that I see Mickey taking the win.    It's nothing against Oswald personally but he's been out of the public conscious for so long that it may be a while before people warm up to him again. I mean he had a great re introduction to the public  in Epic Mickey but when people think Disney, they think Mickey as  he is the star of Disney.  Therefore I have to say that I think this'll be a clean sweep for the little guy.


Match Up 2: Goofy Vs. Donald





I  could see this one going either way because these two are some of the funniest Disney characters and they both represent parts of the everyman. Donald with his short temper and Goofy with his good natured attitude  and always looking for the bright side of life.  Plus they both have a lot of fans but my prediction is that Donald will take it just because I think people can relate to him more than Goofy.

There you have it,  I think it is going to end up being Mickey Vs. Donald but maybe you'll prove me wrong with your votes. 


Now onto my thoughts for Round 2


Round 2 


Match Up 1: Minnie Vs. Daisy






This one I could see going either way during the voting but I have a feeling that Minnie will come out and pull a win over Daisy.   Not that Daisy isn't popular but compared to the other characters nominated save for Oswald, I think she is one of the more forgettable characters.  She's not a bad character  but I think Minnie is more memorable.



Match Up 2: Pluto Vs. Chip 'n' Dale




I think next to Goofy Vs. Donald this is the hardest one to call.   These are great characters and  they've had a lot of great interaction with each other.  I love Pluto because he is so cute and fun but Chip 'n' Dale are hysterical with their antics but if I had to choose a winner, I think it's going to go to Chip 'n' Dale.    Nothing against Pluto but I bet a lot of people who'll be voting may have watched Chip 'n' Dale: Rescue Rangers and have stronger nostalgia for Chip 'n' Dale because of that show then they do for Pluto.








You have until  April 8th,  11:59 AM  East Coast time to vote for either Mickey or Oswald and then when the winner of that round is announced, I post the poll for Goofy Vs. Donald and let you know when you can vote.   Have fun!  Make sure to go to my site, where you'll find the poll for the first match up.   






2 comments:

  1. I don't know, I think Oswald does have a fair amount of fans(I heard he was incredibly popular in Japan). And Mickey himself has gone through certain declines in popularity, like being overshadowed by Donald and Goofy. Still, I enjoy both characters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will have to see but right now, Mickey is in the lead 9-2 .

      Delete