Take A Look at Disney

6/21/12

Music Fridays # 57: Goofy





As most of you know, I started the Goofy Collab to celebrate his birthday and every no and then, you will see some other Goofy articles pop up from me from time to time.  Such as today, taking a look at Goofy songs.  


Goofy's Theme 







Where better to start than the classic theme to the Goofy shorts.  Now I think that this is an extended version and I will say that while nice I don't find it as memorable as say The Donald Duck song.   Now it's not bad and it's highly enjoyable but I don't think it as good as the others but it does fit the character well and it's always nice to  listen to stuff like this.


You Can Always Be Number One  (Goofy Sports Anthem)







Now I know that I've looked at this song before but I like it and it's a fun little number and it always makes me laugh that Goofy did the sports cartoons but that's Goofy for you and I think the best word to describe this song would be encouraging.   It gives me a feeling,  just because your not good, doesn't mean you shouldn't try.



Goof Troop 








Hit It,  man this song takes me back and you know I would put this song up there as a great father/son song.   Now I know that may seem weird as it's just a theme song but the way I see it,  it shows that Max and Goofy have a strong relationship and that it is just plain awesomeness.   Yeah!    


On The Open Road







Now to close this out, I knew that I wanted a song from A Goofy Movie but one that hasn't been on Music Fridays (at least I don't think it has).    Fun song and it sets up the relationship of Goofy and Max in this film well and it shows that Goofy while well-meaning is oblivious to Max's needs as a teen and man this song is just so much fun to listen to and it is one of the best things about this film but what isn't there to love about this film, I think  I can best be described as being nostalgia that still holds up.


Well, I hope you have enjoyed my look at these Goofy songs.  Join me next time as we visit Dancing with The Stars as I take a look at two dances done to Disney songs and two Disney performances from the Results show.

No comments:

Post a Comment