Take A Look at Disney

8/31/12

Music Fridays # 65: Dr. Horrible AMVs




Now I know what your thinking what does Dr. Horrible have to do with Disney.  The answer, nothing.   Then you may be asking yourself why am I featuring it on a Disney blog. Easy, I want to.  I don't often indulge my other interests on this blog unless you count my two RENT Music Fridays that I loved doing.  Anyways, just for the heck of it, I've decided to have this Music Fridays once again feature AMVs and this time set to the songs of Dr. Horrible.  A film that the fir I saw it, I didn't like it as I thought it was stupid and didn't make much sense but after rewatching it,  it has a good story and I love the character of Billy/Dr. Horrible but why did Joss Whedon have to kill Penny? Ah, well.  That is a discussion for another day.


My Freeze Ray  AMV






This one is just cute and if you have not seen this film it may seem odd but that's partially because you need the context to understand what is trying to be conveyed here.  For those unaware, Franny is Lewis's future wife and knowing that I think it make this video make sense.  This is a fun song and lyrically it fits the character of Lewis as he is very smart and I think it just works because like Billy/Dr. Horrible, Lewis is also something of an outcast that doesn't know to act in the outside world.  It is a very fun video that coneys the tone of the song quite well.


For this one, I'm breaking a promise I made to myself. Despite how much I loathe this movie, this AMV fits the character to a tea.


Brand New Day





Yes, yes.  Shocking that something featuring The Incredibles in on here. Well prepared to be shocked even more as I have a lot of positive things to say. (gasp)   This is the perfect match up,  Syndrome shares so many similarities with Dr. Horrible that this song just makes sense. Yeah,  I could make the cheap joke here and say that I find Syndrome more sympathetic than  any of the Parr family and I wanted him to win.  (What, I found him to be the only likable character)  I think the big thing that works here is that Syndrome came from a place of hatred for Mr. Incredible after he was denied being his sidekick. Don't get me wrong, I understand what Mr. Incredible was trying to do but he came across as tool when doing it.  In many ways that can be compared to the scene in Dr. Horrible, when Captain Hammer tells Dr. Horrible that he is only dating Penny to make him jealous and there we have the seed planted for true hatred.  All it takes is that one seed and a villain is born.




So They Say





This has to be one of the silliest videos I've seen but I'm not surprised that Herc is cast in the role of Captain Hammer.  It's not bad and the song and the clips flow nicely together but Meg is too much of a tough girl to be the sweet and innocent Penny and Hades as Dr. Horrible just feels wrong.   Other than that, it's fun and funny as hell.  I'd actually other than my minor qualms, this is my favorite as it is just so much fun.



Everyone's A Hero






Okay, this one is just perfect.  Honestly Captain Hammer and Gaston are perhaps the most alike as they are both perceived as being the heroes but upon further inspection, they could care less and all they want is the girl and or admiration.  This one is to me perhaps the most logical as the entire time watching Dr. Horrible,  I kept on thinking of Hammer as Gaston. And whoever cast the stage production of Beauty and The Beast should really consider offering the role of Gaston to Nathan Fillion, the role of Gaston as  I think he'd be perfect in it.  Anyways back on topic, this one again is just so much fun and works so well because the song fits the  character.


I hope that you have enjoyed my look at these AMV's. Join me next week as I take a look at songs that got cut from Aladdin



No comments:

Post a Comment