Take A Look at Disney

6/20/13

A Look at Disney World Music Fridays # 96: Hollywood Studios Main Entrance Loop





Hello & welcome back to A Look at Disney World.  Strap in folks,  this is going to be a Special Extended Music Fridays.  What do I mean by that? Usually,  on Fridays I only cover 4 songs. Oh no, not today.   Seeing this is the last Disney World Music Fridays.   Today, you'll be getting 7 pieces of music.  Why three more then usual?  Heh, why not?    We are coming close to the end of A Look at Disney World with only article left to go.  Anyways, today I'm taking us back to my favorite WDW park, Disney's Hollywood Studios and taking a look at the music that is found in the Hollywood Studios Entrance loop.   As with any entrance, it should transport  you and music plays a key role in that. And here, the feeling is to be transported back to classic Hollywood.   Which I think works well with the pieces of music that'll be featured in this Music Fridays. Oddly though, there's only one piece of Disney music and it's not even from a canon film.  Hmm.   And I'll admit, this probably makes me look bad but a lot of these films, I haven't seen.  Sorry.   With that out of the way, let's begin.




1. Rocky Theme (Gonna Fly Now) - Bill Conti  (From Rocky)








Okay, who hasn't heard this theme?  I mean, if you've never seen Rocky, which I have but it was so long ago.  You've heard this piece of music as every show seems to love this and the Benny Hill theme.   And I can see why, it would be used here.   To get you pumped up and excited about visiting the park.  Because it's just the kind of music that makes you wanna go Yeah.  Y'know, that doesn't feel right.   






There we go, that's more like it. Thanks, Snowflake.    







2. The Magnificent Seven Soundtrack Suite  - Elmer Bernstein (From The Magnificent Seven)





I think BigBlackHatMan should be happy hearing this one.   Anyways,  growing up I could never get into Westerns.  My elementary brain found them boring and would rather watch Power Rangers.   But having said that, this is a really good theme that captures that Western flair. And it is very exciting to hear.   I just pictured myself riding along with the great cowboys while listening to this one.   I have to say that this one is rather infectious.




3. Superman Theme - John Williams  (From Superman: The Movie)






To me, this is easily the best piece of cinematic music.   Everything about this piece says Superman.   I mean along with the costume,  The Daily Planet, and Clark Kent.  When I think Superman,  I think John Williams' amazing score.  And part of that is that this score has that triumphant feeling to it that we associate with Superman.



4. The Forest Battle - John Williams (From Return of The Jedi)






This score is interesting because it started off as almost dark and mysterious and I still get that.  And that works very well for this score but at the same time,   it also has moments of whimsy to it.  I know that may seem hard to explain but that really is the case here.   But when it gets intense, it gets intense.    


5.  Parade Of The Charioteers - Miklós Rózsa  (From Ben-Hur)








Now we come to another film, I haven't seen. And we were doing so good as I'd seen most of the previous films. Anyways,  this one.  It's not bad,  it's quite good.  Again, like Superman, it  gives me a feeling of triumph and victory.  Pulling out a win.


6. Dallas Theme - Jerold Imnel (From Dallas)






Now, we go from a film I've never seen to a TV show that I've never seen.  It aired before I was born.   Okay, that's not a good excuse but hey, it's the one I'm going with. As for this one.  While I like it,  there is a clear difference between themes created for TV and film.  This one is fine but so far the film scores that have made me excited.   This one really doesn't elicit much out of me.


7.  Return To Neverland - Joel McNeely  (From Return To Neverland)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qk6kXNePto



Sorry about that but the search engine wasn't bringing up the video I wanted. Anyways, I just had to get to this one for my own sake.  After all this series is called A Look at Disney.  It'd feel a little weird to not include something Disney related on here.  Admittedly, Return To Neverland is an okay film. One of the better sequels.  And this score does capture the exciting feeling of being in Neverland and seeing the many various things such as pirates, Tinkerbell or The Lost Boys.    It does what any good score does, it paints a picture.






There you have it,  my look at some of the music found in the entrance loop of my favorite Disney theme park.  I hope that you guys enjoyed this .  Join me next week for one that I was able to avoid for so long....

Bottom of The Barrel

2 comments:

  1. The Parade of the Chariots is part of the lead up to the very intense and almost music free section of the film that is the centerpiece of the movie. The chariot race is one of the most intense pieces of cinema ever put on film.

    You should look into seeing Ben Hur.

    ReplyDelete