Take A Look at Disney

4/13/14

Mickey Mouse (2013) Mondays: Dog Show/ O Sole Minnie





Hello & welcome back to Mickey Mouse (2013) Mondays.  Well, let's get Elsa ready.

















Yeah,  today's first short was one of the stupidest things I've ever seen.   I don't know if I'm mad at it or just mystified that someone would make something this dumb.  It's not as bad as say Gasp! but it is up there.  Let's get this first one over with.



The Plot


We  open  the short on Mickey and Pluto playing fetch and getting ready for a dog show. Goofy comes along and wants to play too, so he tosses a stick so far that causes Pluto to go over the edge.  Oh, good grief,  this is how you are going to introduce Pluto in the new series by having him get injured.  Excuse me.











Okay,  I'm better now but I can't say I like this idea. I'm sorry but  Pluto is Mickey's best friend and I just find this kinda cruel and oh, don't expect any pictures from this short as I don't want to relive it.  Afterwards, at Mickey's apartment,  Mickey starts to notice the similarities between Pluto and Goofy,  including Goofy sliding his but on Mickey's floor.  EWE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!













Elsa  is going to be appearing a lot in this review.  Y'know what, one more for good measure.

















This  is when Mickey gets the idea to enter Goofy in Pluto's place at the local dog show and oh,  I should mention that all of the money would go to charity.

















Yeah.... there is nothing I can say after that.   You know  I've heard a lot of detractors compare this new series to Spongebob and until I watched this short, I didn't see it.  This was Spongebob short dressed up to look like a Mickey short.

















You can try to sell these characters to me as Mickey and Goofy but this did not seem like Mickey in this short and Goofy was an idiot.  And  then we watch as  Goofy attempts  the different tricks such as sitting,  but he sits on a chair, instead of all 4s. Ha, not funny.  And when to beg, instead of panting,  he acts as if his girl left him because he was caught sleeping with another woman that meant nothing to him.  WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?   NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO. How  dare you even insinuate something like that with Goofy.  That is one of the most offensive things ever.   A joke like that has no place in a Mickey Mouse cartoon.  How dare you?  How dare you insult longtime fans of Goofy by making a joke about cheating.  Why would you place a "joke"  like that in a short like this.  Elsa, do ya mind.















Still not enough...











And then the  last event comes and it's an obstacle course and Goofy blows up the entire stadium by lighting a rocket attached to his back and Mickey gets frustrated and shows Goofy,  how he was supposed to do the events and ends up winning best in show. HE'S NOT A DOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


This was one of the stupidest things, I've ever watched.  


Characters


Yeah,  I'm not talking about them.  They were portrayed as idiots and that's all you need to know.



My  Final Thoughts


Stay away from this short.  This short is one of the most offensive and insulting things,  I've viewed as a life long Disney fan.  This was not a Mickey Mouse short but a Spongebob Squarepants short pretending to be Mickey Mouse.  Let's  hope things get better with  O Sole Minnie.    Let's find out down below.








The Plot


In  Venice,  Mickey  as a gondolier tries to win the heart of Minnie  through various different attempts as her beauty catches his eye. He tries everything from just getting close to say hello but  instead, he gets a hippo that is infatuated with him instead, he tries singing opera but  is over shadowed by Willie The Whale from The Whale Who Wanted To Sing at The Met.   He even tries a death defying stunt, which at one point causes him to crash into the Small World clock tower and cause two boats to crash.  






Downtrodden, Mickey has all but given up late at night as he gets one last passenger, that he was about to turn away but it was Minnie.    And the two sail off to have a romantic night together.    





Oh,  and I should mention that this short's dialogue was all in Italian. I truly liked this short,  it was very sweet and cute.  That made it quite an enjoyable short and one I wouldn't mind returning to.



Characters


Mickey  Mouse voiced by  Chris Diamantopoulos




I really liked watching Mickey in this short and wanted to see him succeed and while his plans may have failed, he got to be with Minnie in the end and I have to respect, how he never gave up.



Minnie Mouse voiced by Russi Taylor




Minnie  didn't really have a role,  other than being the object of Mickey's desire but as the ending of this short prove she took notice and appreciated everything Mickey did for her, to the point that she wanted to show her gratitude.  



My Final Thoughts


This was a great short and  much better than the previous short and guys, please do more shorts like this.   This short was just simply adorable.  Easily, one of the best in the series.  Join me next time as I look at...

Potatoland/Sleepwalkin'



No comments:

Post a Comment