Take A Look at Disney

9/22/16

Music Fridays # 178: DuckTales




Hello & welcome back to A Look at Disney.  I'm taking a break from the Beauty and The Beast celebration that I've been doing here on Music Fridays to celebrate another Disney staple.  DuckTales is now 29 Years old as September 18th.  So consider that one of the greatest cartoons from the Disney Afternoon will be 30 years old next year and Disney XD will be coming out with a reboot just in time for it's anniversary.


















Sadly, we lost the voice of Uncle Scrooge, Alan Young earlier this year.  I do find it interesting that my mom & dad knew from Mr. Ed but nearly everyone of my generation knew him as Uncle Scrooge as for the younger generation that is how we were introduced to him.
















For many people my age, DuckTales is a treasured memory as it have us that first real sense of adventure and of course, the theme song.  I'd say that it's easily one of the best theme songs ever and today, I'll be looking at various versions of this the theme and a Jive from Dancing with The Stars that was danced to the DuckTales theme song.


DuckTales







This song is a lot of fun and still one of the most catchy especially with the Woo Hoo portion of the song. This theme song has such a timeless feel  to it and that is why it has stood the test of the time as one of the greats of theme songs from animated series.  It does a perfect job of painting a picture of adventure in your head and getting you ready for the show that is about to come.


DuckTales (Extended)






While the version from the show is great, you aren't getting the whole picture and that's you need to hear the extended version as the rest of the lyrics do even more to paint that picture of adventure and just makes it even more fun especially with the duck noises that you hear in this version.


DuckTales (Instrumental) - The Treasure of The Lost Lamp





DuckTales also have movie that was released and of course, the theme song was featured in the movie as well and here, we hear it as an instrumental piece and it works really well and it is quite fun and joy to hear a grander take on it. Next, we enter the world of video games.



DuckTales (NES)






I feel as though I should turn in my nerd card because I never played the original DuckTales video game.  I do know if it's legacy and The Moon theme and that it came out the year I was born. However I have played the Remastered version a little bit and enjoyed it and I do want to get that for my Wii U but I gotta say that I really like this version 8-bit version of the DuckTales theme song as just like the TV show that it came from, it gets you pumped, while putting it's own spin on the song and making it different enough for the video game audience out there.



DuckTales - Saturday Morning Slow Jam ft. PowGrl





I can't put my finger on it but something about this cover just feels off.  I won't say that it's bad as clearly a lot of talent was put into it but I feel like this song was taken in a direction that just doesn't work for DuckTales.  It's okay but I think it was taken so far from the original that it barely resembles the theme song that it's supposed to be a cover of.


DuckTales - Darren Criss





Our next cover is 8 years old and from a musician that I would come to know thanks to Glee and is also one of the founding members of StarKid Productions, who known for such things as A Very Potter Musical.  This cover is more like it, it's lively, upbeat and a ton of fun.  You can see how much Criss enjoys singing this theme song as he really gets into it and that makes it all the more enjoyable. Now to cap this off, we are heading to the dance floor for a Jive that was danced to the DuckTales theme song from Dancing with The Stars.



DuckTales Jive - Laurie Hernandez & Val  Chmerkovskiy




I've admitted in the past that I enjoy reality tv and one of my favorites is Dancing with The Stars and every so often, DWTS likes to do a TV theme night and that was the case for this second week of competition as we had numbers that were done to the themes of Game of Thrones, Go, Diego, Go, Family Matters, Married...with Children, The Walking Dead, Bewitched.... DuckTales.  This to me was my favorite dance of TV theme night because it was so energetic and kept up with the fun upbeat nature of the song and that made the dance all that more lively to watch.  Although I did feel a bit, when Laurie Hernandez asked her partner what DuckTales was.  Granted, she's 16 but man, that makes me feel old that people are now unaware of the cartoons that I grew up watching.  No matter, this Olympic gymnast turned in excellent performance that perfectly captured the spirit of the DuckTales theme song.  And man, I want her partner Val's Uncle Scrooge jacket as that is so cool.  I love all the little details in this number that just bring DuckTales to life.  This number put a big old smile on my face.  Hey maybe next season, someone will dance to the Darkwing Duck theme song. Wouldn't that be fun?




I hope that you've enjoyed this look at the DuckTales theme song and let me know if you'd like to see me to do this for any other TV theme songs from Disney.  And what's your favorite Uncle Scrooge moment? Peace!





No comments:

Post a Comment