Take A Look at Disney

1/20/18

Another Mouseka-View- O Futebol Classico/Down The Hatch/Goofy's Grandma







Hello & welcome back to A Look at Disney, and today we continue Another Mouseka-View, my second chance look at the 2013 reboot of Mickey Mouse and after the last short,  I am rather nervous to head back in but thankfully, the first short isn't too bad.   


The Plot




It's simple enough,  Mickey is at a soccer game and wants to watch it but a spectator in front of him has large hair and it is blocking Mickey's view and he goes through many different trials and tribulations to find the best spot for the game.   And nothing seems to work until he ends up  on the soccer field and almost ends up in the game.  He finally finds a way to enjoy the game as he watches it from overhead. 




Character



Mickey















Mickey was pretty enjoyable in this short and I had a good time watching him here. 



My Final Thoughts


Nothing too great here but this short was alright, it's worth checking out.   








Let's move onto the next short.








Let me preface this by saying that I get was this short was going for but I'm typically not a fan of this kind of story.



The Plot



This short is a big tribute to the old Disney ride, Adventures Thru Inner Space.  From it being a shrinking story to Mickey mentioning the idea of travelling through a snowflake and Donald singing the ride's song, Miracles from Molecules over the end credits.   Instead of going through a snowflake as the ride did, Mickey and Donald end getting shrunk by a shrink ray at a scientist led by Ludwig Von Drake and they end up inside Donald  and start messing with him.  And once, Donald finds out, he is rightly angry and tries to mess with them.  And he does.   The shrink ray eventually wears off and Mickey and Donald get out of Donald by him laying an egg. 


Lovely!




Again, I get what this short was going for and I won't call it bad but man,  I was just not into this short at all.  It's not boring but it's just not for me.



Characters


Mickey & Goofy












Mickey & Goofy were kind of annoying with messing with Donald throughout this short. I get, what this short was going for but I never found their antics that funny.



Donald















Yeah, that says about I want to on Donald's role in this short.



My Final Thoughts


I want to stress that I can get how someone might like this short as it's not that bad but this type of humor just isn't my thing.   Again, I don't hate this short and it's far from the worst short that I've seen from this series.  (Looking at you, Eau de Minnie)








Oh, and there it is.   I was afraid that these shorts were starting to improve but nope, they went back to the well of stupid with this one.



The Plot


There's a plot twist at the end of this short that makes this short really dumb.  Goofy comes to Mickey and tells him that his grandmother has come to visit and that he doesn't have space for her at his place.  And asks Mickey, if she can stay with him.  Mickey says yes and we find out that this grandmother is a rowdy rambunctious and rude old lady that has no respect for her host from changing the channel from what Mickey was watching from sleeping in Mickey's bed instead of the room that he set up for her.   It's revealed at the end that the grandma is just Goofy in disguise as there is a giant spider in his house and it scared him.  Mickey goes with Goofy to his house to get rid of the spider but it scares Mickey off and Goofy and Mickey bunk with Donald dressed as grandmas.



Characters


There's not a whole lot that I have to say about the characters in  this short. 





My Final Thoughts


 It's not insulting like Eau de Minnie,  I will never get over how disrespectful that short is but this short but this short highlights one of my biggest problems with this series.    If I may I'd like to compare it to the internet's favorite punching bag, Teen Titans Go!   With TTG,  I can take it or leave it but I do get the complaints about how the characters feel flattened from what they were as before and that is how I feel sometimes with these shorts.  And I think that is the frustrating part as I don't want to hate these shorts as there some good ideas here but I just can't get past the bad humor in a lot of these shorts.   Again, if you like these shorts, that's awesome but while there are some that are just fine,  a lot of these shorts have left a sour taste in my mouth. 




We've still got 12 shorts to go in season 2 but I want to look at a good Disney Channel show that gets its source material and actually challenges it's audience's expectations as well that of the characters.  A Disney Channel show that is the best animated series to air on Disney Channel since Kim Possible.    Join me next week and all of February as we look at...





No comments:

Post a Comment