Take A Look at Disney

3/8/20

The Lion King Video Game Is Hard






For my birthday back in February, my best friend got me the Switch ports of the Aladdin and Lion King video games. These are pretty cool as they come with multiple versions of the games with only the SNES version  of Aladdin being omitted. This may come as a surprise consider how big a Disney fan I am but I hadn't played these games before.  I had seen someone play the Sega version of Aladdin at a day camp years ago and thought it looked fun and it is.  Aladdin is fun but hard and I've made it to the fourth level.

















That's the thing,  Aladdin is hard but it feels fair in it's hardness and if I make a mistake, it's on me.   The Lion King however....




That game is just plain hard from the word go.  The second level based on I Just Can't Wait to be King is a confusing mess where Simba has to roar certain colored monkeys to get them to throw him and I died repeatedly






And I had to look up why this level was so hard and the answer lied in Blockbuster and other video rental stores of the '90s. As Disney instructed the developers to make the game as hard as possible early on, so that kids wouldn't beat in one rental period. 


This goes back to something I stated up top, Aladdin is hard but rewarding as it feels as though it allows the player to learn and come to grips with what's expected and how to play and what obstacles to avoid.  The Lion King just feels grueling,  I'm still willing to give it a shot and try.  Though I did have to let the computer take over through the second level in order to advance.  I'd love to be able to try and make it through this game as The Lion King (film) is a masterpiece but I've heard from so many other sources that it can get harder.   The first review that comes to mind here is from The Completionist. 





So, I'm glad it's just not me being bad the game.  Though, I usually play easy games or games set on easy mode as I'm just not interested in playing on hard as I want to enjoy the game I'm playing.  I guess maybe if I keep playing I might get better at it but it's one heck of a game.  And well, the only other Lion King game I've played is a bit different.

















Still, it's one heck of a crazy hard game that not times, the hardness sucks any semblance of fun out of the game.  Peace! 

No comments:

Post a Comment