Take A Look at Disney

5/4/20

Remake Month: Introduction




One of the most conscious things we can do to make the environment is to recycle. However, that shouldn't always apply to creativity.  This is something that we've been seeing as of late with Disney as they've been churning out remakes upon remakes of their beloved movies. And while I have said that I would never review the cheapquels, I am okay with reviewing the remakes.  Over the course of June, I will be reviewing various Disney remakes.  I had seen most of the original films before setting down on this, there were only three originals I had not yet seen but that has since been changed.  Here is a list of all the remakes that I'll be looking at over the course of this month.  I will note that two of these are rather sequels to remakes but I figured they are such interesting outliers, they could be fun to look at. 

And seeing as I've already reviewed most of the originals of these movies, I will be foregoing the usual plot section except perhaps for the two sequels and instead look at what they captured from the original,  what they changed.  Basically looking at what works and what doesn't. 


If you wish to follow along, most of these movies are on Disney+ along with the originals.  Now, I didn't go back and watch the originals of the ones I know or have already seen because I didn't want to double the workload.   And while I will be looking at a lot of remakes during this event,  there are a few I ruled out such as the 90's Jungle Book as that more an adaption of the book than the 2016 remake which is more heavily inspired by the animated movie and the Disney remake of Angels in the Outfield as the original was an MGM film.  I wanted to keep this in-house as much as I could.  Also, some Mickey Mouse shorts were remade back in the day but that's different than looking at movie remakes.  The closest I'll veer off this path is looking at the Disney Channel remake of Adventures in Babysitting as the original was a Touchstone release and I have a lot of gripes with that remake but Touchstone is owned by Disney, so that remake is fair game.  Join me tomorrow as I kick off Remake Month by heading to 1993 to journey...


Homeward Bound



No comments:

Post a Comment