Take A Look at Disney

3/3/20

A Look at Disney Gets Tangled: Goodbye Rapunzel




Tangled is my favorite movie of all-time, I've made that no secret and I was ecstatic when I learned that it'd be getting a TV show as Rapunzel deserved it.  And the show was more than I could have hoped for. It was even better than the movie. I mean I knew I'd love it because it was Tangled but it did something I would have never thought.  It expanded upon the lore of Tangled and developed the characters so much more than a movie sequel ever could have.  And now, it's done and I'm a little sad.  I've had a decade with Rapunzel first in the movie and three seasons of the show.  I'm just left with a feeling of...














Sure, the movie and show are on Disney+ and there are books and comics.  Trust me, I know as I have my favorite episodes downloaded and just look at the Tangled merchandise I own. 


 


















Funny story but when the season two finale aired and it was revealed that Rapunzel's best friend Cassandra was going to be the villain in the final season, I used my Cass mini-doll in a class project in the hopes that would redeem her.   Silly thought but that speaks to how much this show and the characters meant to me.  This show has given me so much, I made new friends through this show on Twitter and have become semi-active in the Tangled community there.  It's shown me the growth of my favorite princess in ways I could have never imagined.  It gave me the most relatable Disney character in Varian.  Just listen to his song from the season one special, Queen for a Day. 




I've listened to this song countless times when I'm feeling down and I was elated o see that he got his redemption in the final season.  And that's the thing, the show gave me everything I could have wanted including Eugene's proposal to Rapunzel as the final moment of the series.














That's the thing, the show gave me so much and there was hardly ever a bad episode. It's silly but knowing that there aren't many more adventures with Rapunzel is kinda hard to take.  I've seen two of my favorite animated series relatively close,  My Little Pony and Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure. 














Here's the thing though, I was sad when MLP ended whereas I felt heartbroken after Tangled ended.  Yeah, I didn't start watching MLP until season three but it had nine seasons and support from its network whereas Tangled's planned three seasons never received any support from Disney Channel.  After the first season, the official Tangled: The Series Twitter account stopped promoting the series. The fans took it upon themselves to set up a new account to promote the series and the love of the fandom and the people that made this show is what kept it going.  Because Disney Channel always shuffled its timeslot and it was one of the lowest-rated series because of that.  Seriously,  they put season two on hiatus for eight months. 

That was infuriating because this show deserved more love from the channel that it was on than it ever got. This also ties back to how this show developed the characters as the episode right before that way too long hiatus was what I consider the most emotionally important episode for me, Happiness Is...















I did a whole review of this episode and speaking of how it shows people that it's okay to hurt and using a character such as Rapunzel, in this case, was ingenious.

At the end of the day,  I know that Rapunzel will always be there and I go back and re-watch my favorite episodes but it's still hard that it's all over.  Though as said in With You By My Side from season two.



How I wish we could stay here forever this way
But perhaps there's no point in pretending
 If we're destined to head in our own different ways
Let's make the most of these sweet final days


The show reached its end and while it's hard saying goodbye,  I had a good time.  I know no other show will make me feel the way that this show did but that's okay.  This is a show that meant the world to me and while I know it's time to say goodbye but that doesn't mean I'll ever stop talking about it.  There'll be more blogs about this show in the future.  I've got so many planned in my head but I just had to get this out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment