Take A Look at Disney

4/3/11

The Tigger Movie

All right, thanks again to Zach for joining me in reviewing The Hunchback of Notre Dame.  Today, my reviews return to noraml as it will just be me.  Now as I said on my Top 6 Films countdown, I would be reveiwing my top 5 and with Hunchback out of the way. Our next film is The Tigger Movie.






Now this review will follow the standard format save for the exclusion of villian. As there is no villian in this film. Instead, I will be talking about the conflict. You'll find that happening with two other films that I'll be reviewing coming up as well.



The Plot


The plot, the plot. How do I describe this. Well, I guess the best way to describe the plot of this movie is by taking a look at Tigger's theme. The Wonderful Things about Tiggers.   In this song, he always say he is the only one referring to the fact that he is the only Tigger. Unknowling setting off a series of events Roo asks "Don't you have a Mamma?"   In turn this leads Tigger to search for his family tree and find where he belongs.




Characters


Now since there are so many characters that play a supporting role, I have decided to narrow this down to  the two most important characters from this film. Now I know that isn't as many characters as I usually talk about but I feel while the other characters are important. It's easier to just focus on these two characters as the story mainly revolves around them.





Tigger  voiced  by Jim Cummings




Now I apologize if I sound like a broken record but as I have stated twice now this film adds another layer to Tigger. Normally, when you see Tigger he is the happy bouncy go lucky guy. When Roo asks him the question of "Don't you have a family" Thast gets Tigger wondering and he wants to know where are the other Tiggers. He is tired of being The Only One. He wants a family to share his life with.  In the end though, Tigger comes to realize that his family was alreay there as his freinds are his family.





Roo  voiced  by  Nikita Hopkins





Roo is the character that actually sets the movie in motion by asking that question. Yes it was out of childlike innonence and curoisity but in a way, this led Tigger to re evaluate his life and wonder why.  (Geese, I never thought a movie about Tigger could get so deep).  Roo is there to support Tigger through everything and he is the first person that gets worried when Tigger goes searching for his family tree.  Again just as Tigger comes to the realization that the resident of 100 Acre Wood are his faimly. Tigger acknowledges that Roo is practailly his little brother. 



Music

Round My Family Tree





This song is fun but also a little sad. As you see Tigger sings this song after he gets a letter from his family. In actuality, it was jsut his freinds that worte this letter but that leads Tigger to dream up this huge family of Tiggers and everything they could have done.  No one has the heart to tell him that his freinds wrote it though. In a sesne this song gets Tigger's hopes up but to be brought down later on in the film.  



Your Heart Will Lead You Home





Now I have talked about this song onec before and I'd like to borrow those words again as I feel that perfect capture what I feel about this song.  This song is sad to me because remeber this song would always play in my head after my sister left and I would start to cry but luckily we are on good terms now. Also I feel part of the reason this song gives me goosebumps is because of the way that Kenny Loggins sings it. Fun fact: Because of this song and the others that The sherman Borthers wrote, this film was given a theartical release while it was originally going to be dirct-to-video, I believe Disney made the right choice in releasing to theaters. 



My Final Thoughts

I love this movie. Well of course I do, I listed it as one of my favorites. It is just so perfect and so simple. This movie here is a movie about finding yourself and discovering that your family doesn't need to look like you. As long as you are close to someone and they care about you. That equates to family. In a word this film about Tigger is a movie about self-discovery.   In my opinon this is the best out of the modern Pooh movies. I feel as though ones that came after were cas ins but this one just felt so pure and honest. 



Two reveiws down, three to go.  Join me next ime when I review






Toy Story 2

No comments:

Post a Comment