Take A Look at Disney

4/2/11

Top 6 Favortie Disney Films

All right, guys one more Top 6 before we enter the next stage of this big celebration. Today, I will be counting down my Top 6 Favortie Diseny films.  Before I start all of these are antimated becasue those tend to be the better ones.


6.  The Little Mermaid




The adventurous nature of  Ariel and just wanting more out of life to me is a universal theme that I think we can all relate to. Ariel may be restricted but she'll do whatever it takes to get her on true desire and I like that and I feel that is part of the reason why I enjoy this film so much.



5.  The Hunchback of Notre Dame






Again here, our main character Quasimodo wishes for more fulfillment in his life but he is so shy that he does not how to go about getting it. I can understand because growing up I was a tad shy myself but just as Quasimodo broke out of his shell so did I.  Plus it doesn't hurt that this film has my favorite Disney villain with Frollo. 


4.  The Tigger Movie







I already said yesterday that Tigger is one of my favorite characters and this movie is part of the reason why.  Again as I said this film shows another layer to Tigger that we have not experienced before with him getting upset. This film in my opinion is one film that I find just as sad as my number one favorite film.  Out of the modern day Winnie The Pooh movies, I feel that this is the best one while the others that came after felt like cash-ins.



3.  Toy Story 2






Now I may be in the minority but I think Toy Story 2 is better than the first Toy Story.   While the first one had heart, the emotion felt more powerful in this film. Also I think the humor worked better here in this film Especially with the cone scene which I consider a classic Toy Story moment.  I enjoy this entire trilogy but I think this is the best Toy Story movie out of  all three. 



2.  A Goofy Movie





This film right here always be one of my favorites. Part of it is nostalgia for the '90s. However I think there is more to it than that. If you look past the nostalgia, you'll find a pretty decent story about a father and son trying to reconnect through a road trip. First, they need to understand each other and realize just because they are family, they have differences. Plus it has some rockin' music save for Lester's Possum Park as I hate that song.  Honestly, I'm a bit surprised that I placed this film at number 2 and not number 1. You see I used to have this tradition of watching this film on the first day of summer when I was still in school and to me it always got better.   



1.  Dumbo




My all time favorite Disney film is Dumbo.  There are many reason why I love this film, yea I like Timothy. Also the story is so simple and sweet.  You want to see Dumbo succeed after all the mockery he had put up with.  You want to cheer him on. If you don't cry duing Baby Mine, you need check your eyes.  This is a sad film without any deaths. While I'm okay with deaths in film, this movie shows that you don't need that to make a sad scene work.   




All right that ends the Top 6 portion of this big celebration. However I'm not done talking about these films just yet. Come back as I go into more depth about my Top 5 favorite Films from this list and give them the proper movie review treatment.  Starting with a special co review with a good pal of mine on The Hunchback of Notre Dame.

No comments:

Post a Comment