Take A Look at Disney

5/20/11

Can We Talk about 3 Ways To Improve Your Blog

All right, we have now talked about how to give advice and the different styles of reviewing. Today, I'll be going over three basic ways that you can improve your blog. Two of which are from experience and the third being a pet peeve of mine. I'll save that one for last though. Let's begin and I think that you might these helpful.


1. Include Your Series Title if You Have One


This is perhaps the biggest lesson I learned from blogging. I knew my blog series was called A Look at Disney. I thought other people would know that my blogs were part of A Look at Disney even without labelling them that. Guess what happened, I went months without receiving any feedback since my intro and I firmly believe part of that is because that I didn't get any comments for months. It wasn't until one day when I thought maybe people aren't reading my stuff because they don't that it is a part of  my blog series. This is one of the most vital things that you can do. Make sure your readers know the title of your blog series. Now sometimes people may have spin-off segments or articles that are still a part of their main series. What do you do here? Still include your main blog title and the sub title. If you have any of my blogs, you have come across with such examples as


A Look at Disney: Top 6

A Look at Disney: Can We Talk about

A Look at Disney Music Fridays #

And in case you are wondering, this series is titled Can We Talk about. I just put what we will be talking about afterward Talk about. Of course you probably realized that but this is just another example of including your series title.


It's that simple, it doesn't take that long. All you have to do is come up with a title for your blog and remember to include it in the title box.



2. Categorize!

Again, here is something else that I wasn't doing for the longest time. When you write your blogs, one of the tabs says options and when you click on that you will see a little box that say categories. That is where you go to pick what category you want to put your blog into. By doing this it helps to make your blogs easier to find for people who want to go back and reread them. Make sure you pick the right category for your blog though. For example if you are doing a Top Countdown that'll go into Top # Lists.  Another example all of my film reviews have been of animated films, so they go into animated movie review.  But what if your topic that doesn't have a category in that box. Well that is when you Misc. Review, Other or Everything Else. Any one of those is fine to use. Just categorize your blogs.



3. Actually Post Your Blog

I cannot tell you how many times I have clicked on a blog only to find a link to that person's site. This is perhaps the most annoying thing that I have ever seen. Look I get it, you want people to visit your site. I feel ya, I have my own site as well and I would love for people to visit it. That is why you can find a link to my blogsite in My Profile. Really the people that are just posting links to me that is taking up space from someone who actually took the time to post what they had to say word for word and not just some link the article/blog. If you really feel that you need to post a link to blogsite, I suggest you take a look at what Patrick_O does. Each one of his blogs has You can This Here at the top and that leads to the same blog on his site but he also takes the time to post his blog on the TGWTG blogging spaces. That is the right way to go about it. I can ask those people who only links, Why? Seriously, it's not like you don't want people to read your stuff. Otherwise you wouldn't have posted anything at all. Also by posting on TGWTG and your site that could bring in more readers for your stuff. It's not that hard to actually post your blog and a link to it, here I'll show you.

This blog can also be read here

Can We Talk about 3 Ways To Improve Your Blog(A Look at Disney)

See posting the actual blog and a link is not that hard. Really all you have to is copy & paste. It doesn't even take that long. That probably took me less than a second.


There you go these are just three ways your blogs might you help get noticed and as always, I hope there is something in here that you found useful.  Also feel free to let me know if you can think of anything that you would like to see be covered on Can We Talk about. Be it the etiquette of the readers or ways the bloggers can improve their material.

No comments:

Post a Comment