Take A Look at Disney

3/23/14

Frozen Week: Top 6 Elsa Moments





Hello  & welcome  back to Frozen Week.  Yesterday,  I counted down my Top 6 Anna moments and now it's  her big sister's turn .  So  join me as I let the storm rage on and countdown my Top 6 Elsa  Moments.


 6.  Yes I'm  alone  but  I'm alone  and free













This  one line from the reprise of   For  The First Time  In Forever, honestly  says  so much about Elsa and how she  was feeling trapped by her power.   When one listens  closely to this line, you can notice that Elsa is  finally  feeling a sense of freedom and that for the first time (in forever) , she can finally be herself and no longer have to hide who she truly is. Granted,  it comes at the cause of isolating herself from the rest of the world but Elsa truly believes that the only  way to be free is to isolate herself from the rest of the world.  Rather tragic, really that Elsa believes that the only way to be free is to cut herself off from the rest of the world.



5.  Elsa  Defending  Herself  Against   Her Attackers
















This  is just  one of the coolest moments in the entire film, when we see  the Duke's  men come  and find Elsa and she uses her powers as a means of self  defense and   she does a lot of great things with her ices powers such as how she is able to stop the bow that is shot at her but that is not enough to stop her from being caught.   It's  just  a super cool  moment and this is my favorite shot as you see Elsa take control of her powers.



4.    Fine,  you can't  a marry a man you've  just met














This  is a line that  has been applauded so many times but   again, this is just a great line as this line and Elsa more importantly show Disney taking a step towards a new direction and  it is nice to see a princess speak common sense for a change, even if  I'm slowly starting to like Anna more than Elsa but this is something that Anna needed to hear and  it is one of the best lines in the entire film as  it is a sense of logic to what is being said.


3.  Elsa   witnesses  the effects of her eternal winter













In this  scene here, Hans has Elsa chained up and  from her prison , she  can finally see what her powers have caused and   just utters that famous question "what have I done?"   This  is one of the many times that Elsa shows regrets for her actions and this to me is perhaps one of the more prominent as Elsa is forced to come face to face with what her powers can do.  Now  yes, we get that in the beginning when as young child, she hurts Anna but  for me, this has some great amount of weight to it as Elsa  is truly scared and trapped here and can't do a thing.



2.   Elsa's  love for Anna  thaws Anna













Now ,  I really love how the true love in this film does not refer to  a romantic relationship but instead the love of siblings in this case, sisters and Elsa  here as she hugs her little sister finally lets all of her emotions out and for the first time in years opens up and shows her little sister that she still does love her and has never stopped loving her and by showing her little sister,  that she still loves her and by doing so Elsa is able to thaw Anna out and the sisters embrace for a hug.













1.   Let  It Go











Yeah, who didn't see this one coming?  This is such a great song and I get chills each time, I hear it.  This song is almost more popular than the movie itself.  I mean, when was the last time, you heard the movie version of a popular Disney song on the radio.  For me, that was last Sunday as we were driving back home and Let It Go came on the radio and it was Indina Menzel singing. This song is so great because it's an anthem of freedom and independence. Declaring that this is who I am and if you don't like it, that's your problem.   Elsa didn't get an "I Want" number, she got "This is me" number and we need more songs like this in future Disney songs because songs like Let It Go send a great message that I am me and you cannot take that away from me.  Also, in many regards this song saved Elsa in my opinion.  You see in the original draft of Frozen,  Elsa was the villain but when the Lopezes wrote this song,  Jennifer Lee and Chris Buck knew that Elsa could not be the villain. And I'm sorry but I wouldn't love Elsa as much, if she were the villain.  And  as I've been saying throughout, this is such a great song because it is a song of empowerment.   And that's why there are so many covers out there because this is one of the first Disney songs in years to resonate with people and that is in part why I hated the Nostalgia Critic's video on this song so much.  Because my opinion is that if people love this song, let them celebrate it because this is a song that is worth celebrating because  it sends perhaps the most important message of any Disney song.   This is perhaps in my opinion, the most important song to be heard from any Disney film.  And also, the ice palace is really cool.    I've now listened to this song 5 times in a row for this article and I still love it.   And this is probably my favorite stress relief song as  whenever, I get really angry,  I just listen to Let It Go and I feel better.  



There you have it,  my Top 6 Elsa Moments.  Now that we know the cold never bothered me anyway.  It's time for the main event that  may just need a fixer upper. Join me tomorrow as for the first time in forever, I review the movie that spawned one of the biggest phenomenons (doo-doo)  as I take a look at...


Frozen


No comments:

Post a Comment