Take A Look at Disney

4/19/11

Files From The Archive: Stuffed Animals

Hey guys, I just wanted to share some old articles of mine. From before even A Look at Disney was ever even thought of.  You see back in 2008 I was on RetroJunk. I wrote some articles there. Most of them not well received save for these three.  They are all about some of my favortie stuffed animals. I'm mainly bringing them over here as there are too many painful memories attached with RetroJunk as I had a bitter falling out.  Please respect my wishes and don't ask what happened.  Anyways,  starting today I'll be sharing these three articles I worte on RetroJunk and my first three blogs that I wrote on Channel Awesome over the next few weeks..  The first three will not have the A Look at Disney monkier becauser other than the first, they have little to do with Disney.  Anyways, here is my article on stuffed animals


Growing up, as a young child, I always slept with a stuffed animal. I went through many stuffed animals but there are three stuffed animals that held a special place in my heart. Here I will be discussing the relationship I had with these stuffed animals.





The earliest stuffed animal I remeber is the one pictured above. When I was a young child I loved Barney everything and so my favorite stuffed animal was a Barney the Dinosaur stuffed animal. With Barney, pretty much everywhere I went, he went. If I thought I had last him, I would go into something my family a "Barney moment" A "Barney moment" was basically me being very upset not a temper tantrum, just upset and sad. It was usually my big sister, Jen who found him. He was usually in my room and these usually occurred at night. I had many great time with Barney. I still have him but he's down in storage now. It took awhile to find him to take that picture.



This second stuffed animal had some siginifance, he was one that replaced Barney after a few years. Although he did not last very long maybe about two years but he was very special to me. That's not mine, I can't remember what happend to the one I owned. I think he was sold in a yard sale.





This Mickey Mouse doll, right here is my all time favorite and perhaps the most important out of the three. He has been with me through some of my toughest times. I have owned as long as I have my Barney stuffed animal but he really didn't play that large a part in my life until about third grade. One night I just looked at all the stuffed animals I have and chose Mickey. Now during my early middle school years I gave him up but once I was dignaosed with epliesy he came back into my life. Each time I would have a seizure, besides taking care of me. One of my parnets would always make sure to grab Mickey for me. He was and still is my security blanket. I'm not ashamed to admit it. I have had countless surgeries and I always made sure I had Mickey. Such as when I went to get my tonsils taken out. 


Here we are both in scrubs. Mickey's bought by my mom from Build-A-Bear. Mickey is the one, that cheers me up when I'm sad. Such as when my Grandfather passed away, I was so happy to have him with me because he made everything feel better



Thank you and please understand this is a personal article and I am you telling a part of my life. I normally wouldn't but I felt the urge to write this article.


There you go, Part one of Files From The Archive starting with RetroJunk. Now even though, I left RetroJunk on bad terms I can't say bad things about that site because that is where I got my start with writing. But back then I didn't know what I wanted to write. If there is one thing I didn't like and yes it may have to do with a certian fact is that the articles on RetroJunk use a Thumbs Up/Thumbs Down thing to score articles.  Now some may think this is okay but it can heartbreaking to a newcomer when they see their article in the negatives.  I don't know if  Blogspot offers that feature and if they do I won't include it. Sure they may have intresting/funny box but I think that is different. I know the blogs on TGWTG don't have that and I appreicate that because I think it would crush a new & upcomingblogger if they saw a blog that they put hardwork into receive a negative score. That isn't fair to the writer. I'm sorry but I  have just really started to understand the hate of thumbs usp/thumbs down.





10 comments:

  1. When my brother was little he ended up in the hospital with a bad throat infection. While he was there his school teacher brought to him a care package that included a stuffed raccoon he named Ricky.

    He still has ihim and so I fully understand what you are talking about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We speculate Ricky is what helped him get through the heavy surgery that followed saving his life.

      He doesn't let anyone touch Ricky.

      Delete
    2. That's really sweet and I'm the same way with my Mickey.

      Delete
    3. My first grade teacher was more than awesome She was an angel. She sent the care package with a gift for each day to unwrap. The first one was Ricky and was the first thing I still remember from the hospital (there isn't much I remember except the gifts). He was already unwrapped and by my pillow where he stayed for me until I could hug him. He today Is standing at the place of honor on my living room book shelf where he guards the candy for halloween, easter, etc. It is true that few are even allowed to touch him especially my brother.
      There is one little girl who was allowed to hold him. She is the daughter of a lifelong friend and asked so sweetly just to hold him. I explained to her how special he is to me and she understood. She held him with care and honor.

      Delete
    4. Yes to the shock of everyone there, including her Dad.

      Delete
    5. Ricky is back at work after Tim had an issue with his throat. Tim doesn't want Ricky at the hospital as they've lost his glasses while he was in the emergency room.

      Well Tim says the fact I thought of bringing Ricky in was enough.

      Delete
  2. Another great idea when looking at Women's Luxury Watches is the Citizen Women's Eco-Drive Serano Sport Diamond Accent
    Watch. This type of jewelry has a wide array of
    prices to choose from. Thankfully there are watch companies
    out there catering to everyone's budget.
    Feel free to surf my webpage : http://fashion-watches.webnode.com/

    ReplyDelete