Take A Look at Disney

4/8/11

A Goofy Movie

Today I will be revewing one of of my all time favortie movies. 




A Goofy Movie.


Actually, you could call this a re-review as my very first blog before I started useing my current review format and before I started A Look at Disney was about A Goofy Movie.  Today, I have decided to reveiw this film using  the current revewing method of A Look at Disney.


First off, this reveiw will be doen like the other reveiws but there will be no villian section as there is no villian in this film.


The Plot

The plot of a Goofy Movie at its heart is the story of a father trying to recconnect with his son. Who has grown distant.  While at the same time, Max wants to impress the girl that he loves, Roxanne. It is a road trip and a journey for father and son to grow as a family. 




Characters


Just as with The Tigger Movie, there are a lot of characters in this move and you guys are probably familiar with most of them. So inestad of Important Characters and Supporting Characters, I will just focus on Important Characters. Thank goodness taht saves me from talking about Pauly Shore's character.

Important Characters


Goofy voiced by  Bill Farmer




Goofy is his typical slef in this film with just being  well goofy. However we see more of Goofy in this film as this film shows that he is a concerned parnet that cares about his son. While he cares about Max, he doesn't exactly listen to what Max always says. He cares but maybe too much for Max's taste. It's not until Goofy and Max are about to down the waterfall, they realize how much they mean to each other.


Max voiced by Jason Marsden




Now I have said before that I think Max is one of the coolest Disney characters ever. When I was a little kid, to me he was the embodiment of coolness. As I grew older though, I started to see him in a differently especially in regards to this film. In this film, Max is  seen a teenager eho just wants to get the girl of his dreams. (I know that feeling).  He'll do anything to impress her as observed in this photo that is from his Powerline performance.  He is embarassed by his dad but it has to be hard growing up when your dad is Goofy. He loves his dad but he wants his own space. (Again something that I can relate to.)


Roxanne voiced by Kellie Martin











Roxanne is the love intrsest of Max.  Max will do anything to impress her as I mentioned earlier.  Roxanne is just a typical girl but she seems very sweet and innocent.  While she doesn't play a big part in most of the movie, Max's  plans to impress her is what led me to include her. In the end, Max does end up with her. That made me happy.


Music

Ah, the music. This film has one of my favorite soundtracks. So much so that I had to download it onto my Ipod when I first got one. I love most of the songs on there save for Lester's Possum Park. Other than that every other song is enjoyable.  Because of that I couldn't narrow it down to jus two songs. I'll be covering, After Today, Stand Out,  and Nobody Else But You

After Today




This has to be my favorite song from the film. It is so much fun. It sets up the movie. It lets the audience know  what Max's desires are with impressing Roxanne.  He is timid and nervous about following through his plans because everyone thinks of him as a  goof.   I may be the only one that does this but whenever I watch this film, and in particular this song, I just have to get up and sing along with it.



Stand Out




When I said that Max would do anything to impress Roxanne, this is it.  Max decides goes all out with the help of his freinds to impress her by hijacking the school assembly.  IS it Far fetched? Sure! Awesome, You better believe it. Next to After Today this is the coolest song in the film.


Nobody Else But You





I love this song. It is with this song that Max and Goofy fianlly come to and understanding they love each other but before this trip they didn't know each other. They fianlly realize with this song they need to communicate in order to be a family and that will always be there for each other no matter what. Also this is a great father/son song and it is one of the few father/son songs that I can think of from a Disney.


My Final Thoughts

I love this movie. In fact if you haven't seen this movie, stop reading and go find it. If you don't own  a copy find a freind that does or order it off of Amazon. It's avaialbe to view on Itunes as well. While your there pick up the soundtrack. You'll love it, they even include the scores if you enjoy listening to movie scores. Just see this film. 

Okay now that I got that out of the way, this is an awesoem film and I think it is certianly underrated. Part of that comes from the fact that is not Disney canon because it was made DisneyToon Studios. Still a great film. If you love Goofy watch. If you enjoyed goof Troop, I feel that this serves as surberp fianle for the show. If you think Max is like I do, you'll enjoy this film Just steer clear of its joke of  a sequel, An Extremely Goofy Movie. Another time.

Also for those who are curious here is a link to my very first blog that also deals with A Goofy Movie.


The Reasons Why I Love A Goofy Movie (My Very 1st Blog)


It's poster time. Time to reveal the final movie reveiw.



No comments:

Post a Comment