Take A Look at Disney

6/13/11

My Yard Goes Disney

Hey guys, I know I'm a bit late to the party on this show.  I just watched the first episode, Sunday night. This show was great. It is one of the newest shows on HGTV. The best way to describe this show is that it's a backyard makeover show with a touch of Disney magic. 





In the first episode, we are introduced to the Bradburn family  who have two young children and they live next door to Grandma. But getting to Grandma's house isn't easy and there is a fence blocking off her backyard.  The Bradburns decided that they wanted to make the yard much more kid-freindly and have it connect to Grandma's yard.


This is where Disney comes into play. The Imagineers worked long and hard to recreate the Bradburn's favorite parts of the Disney parks.  While work was going on at the park, Grandma and the two kids were at Disney World. Not knowing what was going on.  Now that I have gotten that out of the way, I'll share with you some of the things that were placed in the backyard that were inspired by Disney with a picture showing what inspired it.


The Train




Now one of the Bradburn's favorite things at Magic Kingdom is the train. So the Imagineers decided to build a train for their backyard. I think that is pretty cool and these trains are actually cycle trains. Therefore the kids have to push the train to keep it moving. Except for the young son who is just a baby.  Also one thing I loved is that the show pointed out that Walt had a train in backyard, the LilyBelle. I have to say that I think that train was a nice touch.




Here is what the toy train is based on.


Mickey's Hat Play Area




This play area is based on Mickey's Hat that you see when you first enter Disney's Hollywood Studios. They built this for the young son as according to his dad, his eyes light up when he sees the hat. As do mine and I would love to have this in my house. It also reminded me this is the only pair of Mouse Ears, I have not gotten.  I think it's really great.






Now the last thing from this episode, I want to share with you is another play area.  Based on Tinkerbell. 

Tinkerbell Play Area




Now this was built for the Bradburn's young daughter as she loves Tinkerbell and having tea parties. I will be honest it took me a while before realizing this was based on Tink. As I first thought of Alice In Wonderland when I saw the teapot but then I remembered how small Tink is and that makes sense. It's pretty cute. I could see a lot of little girls having a good time in her.


My Final Thoughts

Normally, I can't stand shows on HGTV as I find most of them boring. That is due in part to that being the channel my mom and dad watch the most. Although, I could make an exception for this show as I like the idea of Disney being brought into a family's life.  Honestly when I was watching this show, I was going through my head of what I would want from the parks in my backyard.  The answer I came up with is the all of the old ToonTown stuff they are no longer using since they closed down that area of the park to expand Fanstayland and a miniature version of the Walt & Mickey statue. Also I was enjoying this show so much that when it went to break, I went up to my room and grabbed my Mouse Ears and wore those throughout the rest of the show. I haven't worn those since I got them at Disneyland. This show really brings out the Disney fan in me.


In case, you want to catch an episode of the show, new episodes air Mondy nights at 8:00 with encore airings the following Sunday at 7:00 P.M.

No comments:

Post a Comment