Take A Look at Disney

6/1/11

Top 6 Disney World/Disneyland Commercials from the '00s

All right as promised here is the final Top 6 of Disneyland/Disney World commercials.  Today, I'll be taking a look at commercials from the '00s.  Now even though, I labeled this as '00s, I may include an ad from '10 or '11. With that out of the way, let's get this party started.


6. When You Wish Upon A...



This commerical was part of The Happiest Celebration on Earth celebrating 50 years of Disneyland. Funnily enough, Disney World did a lot for this celebration. Part of that being bringing in attractions from other parks.  Anyways with that out of the way, I like this commercial because it's not often you get to see Mickey and the guys in a Disney Park commercial where they are the focus. However while I like that and that is the main reason, I ;m including this ad. I don't care for the looks of the characters in this ad. Maybe it's just me but I don't think the CGI appearance of these classic Disney characters is as good as it could have been in this ad.  Now as I have said in the past, I prefer Mickey to be hand-drawn but I have seen certain things such as Mickey' Phillar Magic where he looks decent enough in his CGI form but here the animation just looks lazy.


5.  Disneyland Snowman




Ah, it appears we have our first holiday ad.  This one is rather simple as we get to see this Snowman enjoy Disneyland and all the fun he is having almost as though he has been brought to life and he is wearing those Mouse Ears but when they fall off his dream ends but when the little boy who built him sees this he puts the Mouse Ears back on the Snowman and I assume that the Snowman goes back to dreaming about Disneyland. Cute idea almost reminds me of the old Campbell's soup ad where we a Snowman come in from the cold and he starts eating soup and suddenly turns into a boy. Not that happened here but that is what I thought of.


4. It's Their Park Now




Looks like we have another holiday ad. This time for Halloween at Disneyland. See if commerical # 6 had used the characters in a format like this where they still look 2-D but interact with the park, I would have ranked it higher. It's not often that you get to see the baddies interact with the parks in these ads. So that makes this one really great. I love Hook's face when he goes on that ride and he is freaked out. Also I don't know why but the image of Jafar holding a Mickey Mouse balloon makes me chuckle a bit.


3.  Too Excited To Sleep





This one is just cute. I can relate to the feeling of it being the night before going to Disney World. Your so excited that it's the only thing on your mind and no matter what you do that is all you can think about and it is keeping you from going to sleep. At 22 years of age,  I still get that way when we take a trip anywhere. Because I'm both anxious and excited about the upcoming trip.


2. That Special Voice



This one is pretty good. Sure it starts out sappy like a movie on Lifetime but it is just an honest talk between a married couple who love each other and the wife just wants her husband to talk her in that special voice he used to do.  So at the end, he does a Donald Duck impression saying I Love You. That is so cute. Now I could never pull off a Donald Duck impression. This ad shows right here that you are never too old to have Disney in your life and it can always be a part of you. No matter, what.


1.  The Epic 50th Annivesary Ad






Now I know that this ad uses CGI renderings of the characters but compared to # 6, they look good. This ad as you can see was for the 50th Anniversary of Disneyland. There is only one word to describe this ad. EPIC! I'm serious out of all the ads we have looked at over these past three countdowns. This one is certainly in my Top 3 of all the ads. I just love all it uses practially all the big Disney characters from up to that point and they are trying to get to Disneyland. Also gotta love that Mickey is driving Herbie. I mean even included Rutt & Tuke from Brother Bear and that is an underrated Disney movie. I think if I had one complaint and it's a minor one. At the very end when Stitch gets pulled over he looks way too big and I think that they zoomed in on him too much. Other than that I love this ad, it feels more like a teaser trailer for a movie than a park ad.

There we have it. So ends, this Top 6 Commerical trilogy. Tell me what has been your favorite ad that has been featured on this Top 6 Trilogy.

No comments:

Post a Comment