Take A Look at Disney

3/11/12

My Favorite Mickey Mouse



Now I know that I've brought this little guy up in the past but I've always wanted to talk about him more on A Look at Disney.  I'm sure we've all had a stuffed animal that means something to us.  For me, it's Mickey.   Now I've had Mickey for sometime and he's always been my favorite stuffed animal that  we consider so close, that they're almost like a friend.  


For me, that's Mickey.   It's strange but even though, I know he's just a stuffed animal,  he feels real to me.   Now that I treat him like a real person but the fact that  I enjoy his company and he is able to comfort me.   I guess you could say that he is my  comfort object  in psychological terms  or as know by it's other name, security blanket. Which originated from the character of Linus in Peanuts. 




Now if you've see the newest Peanuts special, Happiness is a Warm Blanket, Charlie Brown in which Lucy tries to ween Linus off the blanket.  Linus goes nuts over losing  his blanket, that'd be me if someone tried to take Mickey away from me. Now I may have other stuffed animals such as Dumbo and Timothy and while Timothy is my second favorite, Mickey still takes the top spot.


While those two are certainly cute and I love having them, there is just something about Mickey that always makes him take the top spot for me. Now another good example of comparison between Mickey and I would be Woody and Andy.


Now to further explain this point, is that in all of the Toy Story films you see how much love Andy has for Woody and how he looks at Woody as that confidant that he can always trust.  I feel the same way about Mickey and now I've brought up my seizures in the past (still inactive btw)  and whenever I would have a seizure,  Mickey was always there to cheer me up and if I ever have to go in for surgery, I make sure that he's by my side.




Now this picture here is from one of my surgeries, I believe it's from when I got my tonsils removed. As you can see in the picture, Mickey is wearing a pair of scrubs. Well those were bought at Build-A-Bear as my Nana thought if I were to take Mickey into the hospital with me, he would need his own pair of scrubs.  Cute idea and during another surgery that I went for when I had to have the battery in my  VNS, one of the nurses gave me a red stethoscope for Mickey.


Now it didn't look exactly like this as it wasn't a real one.


Now through all of my ups and downs, I've always had Mickey by my side. He's been someone to cheer me up when I was feeling down and there is always a smile on my face when I'm around him. I'm sure, we all have stuffed animals that were like this to us as children or in my case even still as a young adult. I'd love to hear about your stuffed animals,  share your memories of them in the comments.  Peace!



2 comments:

  1. This article was the happiest one I've seen recently. There's a very peaceful smile on my face. Thanks for the great blog, and the Mickey is simply adorable. For a long time I treated my toys as a large society and tried to treat them with equal attention, thus ironically I had no favourite toy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the feeling but Mickey will always be my favorite.

      Delete