Take A Look at Disney

4/5/12

Classic Shorts Showcase: The Country Cousin (Reader's Choice)

Welcome to a special Classic Shorts Showcase,  you guys voted on this one and by a vote of 4 out of 9, The Country Cousin won. You did vote for a good short. Yes, you did!


The Plot


The plot is rather simple but it works.  Morty Citymouse invites his cousin, Abner Countrymouse to come live in the city with him and see what city life is like.  Throughout the entire short, we see all their different lifestyles clash.  Morty is one of the upper class while Abner is a simple country mouse who doesn't need much in life to get by and they both different in their style and Morty tried to improve Abner to fit in his style but it was too much for Abner especially after he got drunk.  What is it with Disney mice getting drunk?  Is there an AA for mice or something?  Back on topic,  Abner gets drunk and hears too many loud noises and it drives him crazy and causes him to go back home to the country.  The plot while simple is a good one. It was fun seeing these two characters and how different they are.  One more thing to bring up is the music helps to drive the story seeing as the characters never talk.


Characters


Now  seeing as there is only 2 characters, I'm not breaking it down this time.  Let's begin!



Abner Countrymouse















Abner was a really fun character.  His down home side came out while his cousin tried to show him to be a proper city mouse and as he said in his letter,  he wanted to stop being a hick. Which rubbed me the wrong way because I hate the idea of changing people to be what  others want.  Y'know this is one short where I feel like I knew the story because there have been so many iterations of it in the past but I still enjoyed this one all the same.


Morty Citymouse














Morty was bit of an annoying  character but at the same time,  I think that was intentional but each time that he was trying to correct Abner, it drove me up the wall a bit.  I mean he wasn't as annoying as other characters I've talked about in the past but at the same time,  he was a nuance.


My Final Thoughts


You guys picked a pretty decent short, the characters were okay.  It's not the greatest and I don't think it's the most memorable but it rather enjoyable!.  Join me next week when I take a look at...

Music Land


1 comment:

  1. Now I am going to do my breakfast, later than
    having my breakfast coming again to read further news.


    Feel free to surf to my page; Psn Code Generator

    ReplyDelete