Take A Look at Disney

4/6/12

Music Fridays # 49: Mickey Mouse Disco



Hello and welcome back to Music Fridays. Today, we conclude our look at these novelty albums if you will from Disney with Mickey Mouse Disco.   So grab your bell bottoms  and a leisure suit as we get down with the Mouse.  Groovy!   Okay, I'll stop but c'mon.


Mickey Mouse Disco/Disco Mickey Mouse (I've seen it labeled both ways)





Oh yeah!   This song knows how to get you hooked that intro had me.   I love the sound of it and again this is song that I would label as cheesy but it's a novelty song, most of them are.   This song is just so upbeat and happy that I can't help and love it.   Also the lyric about the ladies makes me wonder if Minnie ever got jealous.   


Macho Duck 





Once again, the Donald song delivers perfectly.  Do I even need to tell you what song is one is parodying?  Here's a hint,  The Village People.  If you haven't figured it out, this is Disney's take on Macho Man and I do love it, it's nice to actually see a song that lets Donald shine instead making look like a fool.    Nice work, Disney!  This is a good song.  C'mon say it with me: He's a macho macho duck. One More Time!



Mousetrap 





This is another fun one.   I love the idea behind this song and the way, the women whisper mousetrap is a nice touch.   This while not as flavorful as the first two is still fun in it's own way. Even if if some of it does leave a little to be desired but all the same,  I like it. 




Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah 






For our last song, I decided to take a look at one of the many Disco flavored covers on this album At the end of the day, I decided to go with the cover of Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah.   Now it does sound drastically different than the classic but I like it.   Listening to this cover transports me to the parks and if a cover can do that, it's all right in my books.  I would never say that it's as good as the original but I still enjoy all the same and I find it to be a decent cover.    



 Well I hope you've enjoyed my look at these novelty albums.  Join me next week when we celebrate the 50th Music Fridays as I have slew of guests that'll be joining me including:   CunningRunt,  Lindgren,  writzbok,  DisneyOtoko, and Dark Jak.   As they talk about some of their favorite Disney songs and don't worry, I have a song on here as well. 







No comments:

Post a Comment