Take A Look at Disney

5/6/12

One Saturday Morning Pt. 1



Starting today,  I'll be doing a look at Disney's One Saturday Morning.  This was the programming block I loved growing up as a kid.   There were a lot of good shows but I'll save that for Pt. 2 as I'll be going over shows there.   Anyways lined up for this week, is a basic overview of One Saturday Morning,  a Can We Talk about on it's spin off block One Too and a Music Fridays for One Saturday Morning.   What was it  that made me like One Saturday Morning  more then say Kid's WB?





Part of it  probably does come from the fact that  it was block of Disney but there has to be more to it than just that.  Let's start with the theme. 






The theme is just upbeat and a lot of fun and I have to say that it really sets the mood for this block. It's fun and that's all that is needed. It's a silly looking back but it got me excited for Saturday and in my opinion, that is good enough for me.  Also add in the bumpers that they would show in between shows, it kept me hooked and the design of the One Saturday Morning  Tower is really cool.  It felt like a really cool club to hang out at during One Saturday Morning.

























I mean check out this awesome drawing of the One Saturday Morning tower that I found  DeviantArt.  It really captures the feel of the tower and just looks so cool.  This is just one side to what made One Saturday Morning so much fun for me.  Also going  along with this there were the bumpers as I mentioned above.


Take for instance, the rather bizarre Mis Munger's Class.   Which was about a teach and her class but the setting was that of a yearbook.  My most remembered episode of this is the Halloween episode and whenever I heard the word Candy Corn, I think of this one.






These weren't the only bumpers as other characters such as Genie got in on the act with his own little short series,  Genie's Great Minds Think For Themselves. These were usually about a historical figure that changed history in some way. Here's a little bit of the one about Clara Barton.




Now these are just two bumpers from One Saturday Morning but they are two that really stood out to me.  I mean there is so much here to talk about and I'll be going into greater detail about the shows in Pt. 2 tomorrow as I continue my look at One Saturday Morning. Still between the theme song and these little bumpers, it was a lot of fun and nice but the true meat to the block were the shows.


2 comments:

  1. It's funny you mention Kid's WB, as I think one of the writers for the WB show Animaniacs helped with block. I actually didn't watch this block(though I am familiar with many of the shows). Weekenders was one of my favorites.

    In general, Disney cartoons seem pretty underrated; it seems that Nickeloden and CN dominated cartoons for a time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't realize that. That's pretty cool. Thanks for the heads up.

      Delete