Take A Look at Disney

6/13/13

A Look at Disney World Music Fridays # 95: The Soarin' Music Loop





Soarin'  is one of the best EPCOT rides, even if it is an import from the West Coast and I'd like to see it's own spin put on the ride, so that it isn't exactly the same. No matter, today I've decided to take a look at some of the music that is featured in the music loop for this attraction.  As that is something, I've yet to do and it is always amazing how well, they are able to tie in the theme with the music as a lot of the pieces of music used for this attraction come from films that deal with flying in one way or another. Well most of them do because I don't see how the music from Father of The Bride or Steel Magnolias tie into this attraction but we won't be looking at those.



Cody's Flight   -  Bruce Broughton   (From  The Rescuers Down Under)










Our first piece comes from The Rescuer's Down Under.  Cody's Flight,  this is a very good piece that does give off the feeling of soaring above Australia with Marahute.  It's exciting and very whimsical at the same time, while also being peaceful.  It's also nice to see a film like that didn't get much recognition being used.  Of course, there is another film piece that's used that made me even more excited but we are going to hold off on that one.  



All Systems Go/The Launch  -  James Horner  (From Apollo 13)






Both Horner and Apollo 13 appear quite a bit in this loop. Makes sense.  With this one, I get the feeling of we are about to accomplish something great. We are going to the place of dreams, let's do it.   Nothing can stop us now.  We've worked so hard to get here. It just feels me with a sense of pride and wonderment. This is just a piece that can put in a really good mood. While at the same time, covering the nervousness, that I imagine the Astronauts felt during this time.  This piece encompasses a great deal of emotion.




Prologue  John Williams (From Hook)





Our last two pieces come from films, where men take to the air themselves. From Hook, the Prologue.   My feelings on this one, it's exciting.  It has that swashbuckling pirate adventure feel to it, that you want with a movie called Hook and in the context of the ride, I can see it as being flying off to a new land.



The Rocketeer To The Rescue (End Title) - James Horner (From The Rocketeer)





This is the one that got me excited. A piece of music from my favorite superhero movie and one of the most underrated Disney films of all time being used. I can fully support this.  It's not like we will ever get a Rocketeer ride.  This will do,  hearing this and then looking up that it was used got me super excited.   Whoever chose the music for this loop. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU, for including this.   And I feel there is no better way to close out then with this.


Now, I barely scratched the surface of this loop as there are so many other pieces such as surprisingly a piece from An American Tail and a piece from Battlestar Galatica.  Find that odd because I thought Universal owned those properties. Then again, the same is true of Apollo 13.  But for some reason, I tohught that film was Touchstone.  Anyways, join me next time as I take a look at the relationship of Disney World and ABC with my special guest, richb.



No comments:

Post a Comment