Take A Look at Disney

6/12/13

A Look at Disney World: My Thoughts On The Dumbo Queue

Hello & welcome back to A Look at Disney World,   last week,  I made mention of how I loved the Dumbo queue during my Top 6 Magic Kingdom Attractions List and today, I'm going to go over why I love it and why I wish this idea had been around, when I was a little kid.   You see  as part of the New Fanstayland expansion, Dumbo received a new waiting area or queue as they are called and what does it look like take a look.















It's an indoor play area, where the kids can play until it's their turn to go on the ride.  That is genius,   just a few years too late for my liking.  But let's focus on the good,  first you have Dumbo flying overhead.  I always like that and there


There's a little cannon slide for the youngsters.



















A fire truck in the middle with one of those characters thingys where you turn and it mismatches the characters.















They included things such as The Ringmaster or the burning building from the film, which is now a fireman's pole.  Which I wouldn't touch even if I was a little kid, you see I have this irrational fear of firemen poles. Sucks for a first grader that wanted to be a firefighter, that was until said first grader went to the local firehouse on a school field trip and we go down the firemen's pole. Oh lucky me,  yeah my dreams of being a firefighter ended right there.  Anyways back on topic,  one of the most creative ideas about this is the way, you find it's your turn to go on the ride. It's such a simple concept really, that I'm surprised it hasn't been used at a theme park before now. You see when you enter, you are handed your "circus ticket"



















Tell me, does that look familiar to any of you. Well, it should if you've gone out to eat.   How many of you have gone to a restaurant with a really long wait.  They usually hand you those beeper things right to let you know, that your table is ready.  It usually either vibrates or lights up. Sometimes both.  Well, this is that basic premise but instead it lets you know that it's your turn to go on the ride. And guess who does,  only the best character from this film, Timothy Q. Mouse.   Okay, I know stealing is wrong but I wanted to take this home with me, when I heard Timothy's voice.  I didn't do it though but I thought about it.  Moving on,  (man, this is revealing more about myself then I thought I ever would).


So, there you have it,  a rather short look at the Dumbo queue. Personally, I love this and I think it's a great idea to entertain the kids while waiting for the ride. Now this isn't the only attraction to feature an interactive queue as both The Haunted Mansion and Winnie The Pooh offer things to do while you wait in line but that's the difference with this one, it's almost as if, they were trying to avoid lines for Dumbo.  I'm of two minds about this, first I think because they knew how hot it could get in Florida waiting for this ride or they wanted a higher turnout of people going on the ride and this in a way does reduce lines.   Those are just my thoughts. Peace!

2 comments:

  1. Huh, I thought Be Our Guest was the only place to use pagers at Disney World. Then again I've never been in the Dumbo queue in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, if I'm not mistaken I think that this is the only attraction that does so.

      Delete