Take A Look at Disney

6/2/13

A Look at Disney World: Top 6 Magic Kingdom Attractions







Hello & welcome to a super special event.   It's summertime and that means it's time for my big summer event.  Now this year, I've decided to turn to Disney World  Starting today,  I'll be doing what I refer to as a Top 6 Trilogy.   Now what is a Top 6 Trilogy? Quite simple.  A Top 6 Trilogy refers to a set of three Top 6's that share the same theme.   Starting today,   I'll be counting down my Top 6 Magic Kingdom Attractions.   Admittedly, this was the easiest list to come up with as Magic Kingdom has the most well known attractions.   With that out of the way, let's begin.



6.   Big Thunder Mountain Railroad 





One of the 3 Mountains of Magic Kingdom.  Which one of the others will appear on the list.   It's almost funny, that this ride is on my list considering that I was afraid of roller coasters for the longest time but leave it to Disney to help me get over my fears.   This is easily one of the greatest coasters at Disney World.   As you ride a train to go through an abandoned mining town takes you through the town of Tumbleweed that had been hit by a flash flood.  This is such a fun ride with the thrills that it brings and the story is fun.  And also, I think that I really like it because I like trains and the fact that the coaster is a train is really fun.  Not the most intense roller coaster at Disney World but still an awesome one.   I recall the last time, I went to the Magic Kingdom, right in front of me was a little girl with her dad.  This was her first roller coaster and she was so scared. My mom and I tried to cheer her up and we sat behind her and her dad on the ride. And even though, she was scared, she loved it because once she got off the ride, she said  "That was AWESOME!"  And then asked me how intense Splash Mountain was.  



5.  The Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh




This is one of the newer attractions at Magic Kingdom and my last trip there was my first time going on it.  And I loved it because it captured the spirit of Pooh Bear quite well.  This is simply put one of the most adorable and cutest rides that I've been on.  (Adorable & Cute: That's up my alley).  This ride takes you through the classic Pooh shorts, Blustery Day,  Tigger Too and Honey Tree.   My favorite parts have to be with Tigger as your hunny pot bounces along with Tigger.  Yeah,  you ride in a hunny pot.  And the visuals are for the Heffalumps & Woozles portion is just amazing.





Also, this ride includes homages to the ride that came before it, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.








Kinda makes me wish that I had the chance to go on Mr. Toad before it was shut down but I like Winnie The Pooh just fine and can't wait to go back and bounce with Tigger some more.  There's Mr. Toad with Owl and Pooh with Moley.     If you love Pooh and want a trip down memory lane,  I suggest this ride.



4.   Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin




I've talked about this ride, a great deal before but it is easily one of my favorites.   The idea of the ride is that you are a new space ranger recruits.  And it up to you to save,  the Little Green Men and stop Zurg.  So,  in your vehicle you spin around shooting targets.   It's fun, trying to shoot the targets and rack up points.   Admittedly,  I'm not very good and usually always end up losing but the fun of this attraction for me comes from trying to get better.





3.   Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room



Again, something that I had not experienced until recently as you see for most of my life going to Disney World, the Tiki Room was Under New Management and I've made my disdain of the New Management rather clear in the past.  Well, back in 2011, the New Management was more or less shall we say fired.  Now, while it is tragic that this happened. It made way for Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room.  Which is so much better, it has the charm and feel of the original from just listening to music. This new revival  of a classic attraction makes me feel like even more of a Disney fan (if that's possible) getting to experience this show they way it was meant to be albeit is slightly shorter then the one in Disneyland but I don't care, this is what Tiki Room should've remained.  I'll be honest getting to see Jose and the rest of the birds perform without the obnoxious  inclusion of Iago and Zazu put such a big smile on my face, the day I saw this.  It was my last day at Disney World on my last trip, when I saw this. As my Mom & I made a trip to Magic Kingdom and EPCOT to check out some attractions I really wanted to see (BTW one of them will appear on my EPCOT list).  It's weird to say but this Tiki Room made me feel nostalgia even though I always grew up with New Management but watching this one I felt as though I had been transported back in time to before Under New Management ever existed.   Just typing about it is filling with an odd sense of joy. It's just a show of birds singing but I think that is what makes it so special.  It is such a simple concept that is executed beautifully and wonderfully.  And yes, I may have said simple concept, but there is nothing simple about the characters or the way the show is performed. Do not take that for granted.  All I can say to Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room is  "Welcome home and thank you for letting this Disney fan get to experience the show that was meant to be before he passed away" and as for New Management.  "Later! You won't be missed because you sucked!"




2.  Dumbo The Flying Elephant 



Would you believe I had not been on this ride until my last trip to Disney World in October of 2012. I know, Dumbo is my favorite film and let's just say that this ride very much respects the ride. I'll be going into more detail about this in a future article as I've really got to talk about the waiting area for this ride.  Now as for this ride, what is it that I loved about it so much.  Quite simply,  this ride gives you the experience of what it feels like to be with Dumbo as he flies and the view of Magic Kingdom from high above is breathtaking.   I fell in love with this ride so much that I went on it five times in a row.


1.   Splash Mountain 



I've mentioned it in the past but this is not just my favorite ride at Magic Kingdom.  This is my all time favorite ride.   Why?  Because it's friggin' AWESOME!  Seriously,  the drop is great and the characters are so much fun.  As I've also mentioned prior,  there is a emotional connection to it as well as my Papa used to sing this song and this ride reminds me of him.  But still, this has and will always be my favorite ride as it gives you the rush of excitement that I love on these types of rides.  My favorite type of rides are water rides and my mantra is "The Wetter, The Better" with water rides and this ride delivers on that end with the huge drop at the end of it and plus, the characters are just amazing to look at but again, it's the drop that makes this ride for me.


So, there you have it, my Top 6 Magic Kingdom Attractions.  Tomorrow, we head to the Experimental Prototype City of Tomorrow for my....

Top 6 EPCOT Attractions







No comments:

Post a Comment