Take A Look at Disney

7/18/13

Really Super Special Music Fridays # 99: Top 20 Music Fridays Pt. 2




Hello & welcome back to Pt. 2 of my countdown of my 20 favorite Music Fridays.   Now, I should clarify one thing, we are only going up to # 2 as there is a very big tie for # 1, that'll  be revealed at the end of the 100th Music Fridays next week. With that out of the way, let's begin.






The only Music Fridays not written by me.  No, Magic Dust put his skills to work looking at PMV's with Disney songs that perfectly match the personalities of his cousin and her friends.   I'd say the young lad did quite a fine job here and he is a great partner to work with.  Even, if he does like to put blame on me for things that he did.  



I really liked this Music Fridays because everyone knows about the "Who Am I?" songs and those can be some of most poignant songs.   And if  done well, they can carry some of the best emotion of any song.  And I feel all of the songs, I covered especially the criminally underrated I'm Still Here are some of the most gorgeous "Who Am I?"  songs and fun fact: I took the title for this entry from the Les Mis song of the same name.



.


These next three are on here mostly because of me being such the uber fan of these series, that I am.   As pointed out last week, Cars has appeared quite a few times on A Look at Disney and it in my opinion has the best soundtrack of any Pixar film.   And getting to share that with all of you was a treat.








Not gonna lie, KP Week is one of my all time favorite Theme Weeks, so much so  that I'm thinking about a second KP Week because she is just that awesome!  Kim Possible is in my the greatest show to ever air on Disney Channel and it had great music as well. Be it, the awesome theme song or The Naked Mole Rap. And it's funny but KP Week almost didn't happen.  You see, originally Music Fridays # 37 was supposed to be Disney Channel Theme Songs but after listening to the awesome theme song,  I knew I wanted to do something celebrating this awesome show and thus I came up with KP Week.























First off,  a bit of  a shameless plug.  If you haven't check out the House of Mouse Podcast done by yours truly.   I'm not certain but I do think that this is the longest Music Fridays but that is just because of how much I love this show.   And it was so much getting to talk about their takes on classic Disney songs.


4.    Music Fridays # 51:   The Sherman Brothers Songbook (My Tribute To Robert Sherman)/Music Fridays # 92: Goodbye Annette

















These two were perhaps the two hardest Music Fridays for me to write.   During the writing process of both of these Music Fridays, there were tears dripping down my face and onto my keyboard.  But when both of these Disney legends passed, I knew that I had to pay tribute to them.  And the best way for me to do that was through their music.  I wasted no time on Annette's tribute as I had that typed up, the day she passed away.


3.   Music Fridays # 38: RENT AMV's Revisited













As I've made mention in the past, RENT is my favorite musical. Even, if I've yet to see the stage production and this one was actually a follow up to a previous Music Fridays, I did that was the same idea but this turned out better in my opinion.   I truly enjoyed looking at these AMV's set to songs from my favorite musical and I thought all of them were very well done. This one and my # 2 were the only two concrete choices I had for this list.


2.  Music Fridays # 2: Sad Songs


This one is on here purely for sentimental reasons.  As with this one,  this is where Music Fridays really took off and got  known.   I mean, it was recognized on TGWTG TV (before they became Reviewer TV and went down the drain and just got stupid).   Aside from that,   seeing the response this one got just told me that I was onto something with Music Fridays and that it was going to be a pleasure to write.  I can't say that I knew it was going to last as long as it did back then but I knew that I was going to enjoy writing these and as I've often Music Fridays is my favorite thing to do on A Look at Disney and it really how started with this one.   And with the response thing, it's not so much  "Hey, how many comments can I get"  but rather I'm just happy to see that people enjoy my work enough to leave a comment.


There you have it,  # 9 -2 .  Now, I'll give you a hint for the tie for # 1,  chances are if you've left a comment on any of my blogs,  your name may appear in the tie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment