Take A Look at Disney

3/27/14

Frozen Week Music Fridays # 125: Frozen Covers/Songs Cut From Frozen Revisited






Hello  & welcome back to A Look at Disney and alas, we've reached the end of Frozen Week.  Gotta admit I'm kinda bummed that Frozen Week is almost over as this  has probably been my favorite theme week, even surpassing Dumbo Week.   Now today,  I'm giving you a two for one as  I give you the Music Fridays that you guys voted on as I go over some Frozen Covers and  try to prove that other songs have been covered besides Let It go and  then I'll revisit  a previous Frozen  Music Fridays that I'm a bit disappointed that more people didn't see as I go over the songs that were cut from this beautiful film again. With that out of the way, let's begin with a cover of For The First Time In Forever.










This  is actually  a pretty  decent  cover and you can seriously feel the energy that these ladies are putting into this song as it is rather quite powerful and intense. Now at points,  it does sound they lose the song but  honestly,  I cannot complain too much as I can't sing and to even attempt a cover like this is amazing and very well done.   This is highly enjoyable.


Love  Is An Open Door  -  Traci  Hines  and  Brendan Bradley  



If  you recall,  the Part of Your World cross over that I did with DisneyOtoko,  we covered  Traci Hines'  cover   of that song and if there is one thing that I've noticed both times now, when cover her covers is that she goes all in as this  video feels like the movie brought to life. Seriously,  it feels like Anna and Hans just stepped out of the movie and into the real world.  I am highly impressed,  Miss Hines certainly puts her all into everything she does and if I'm to be honest,   I think that this is better than her cover of Part of Your World.  







Hey,  I never said that I wasn't  going to talk about  a  Let  It Go cover.   I remember when I first heard this one,  I was impressed as it took Let It  Go and put it's own spin on it while remaining respectful to the source. It  found a new way to be just a powerful by turning it into an African tribe chant and boy  does everyone involved in this video knock it out of the park. This is probably one  of the best covers that I've ever heard.






I cannot  tell you how happy finding a cover of this reprise made me and the fact that there is one out there done by sisters is even better.   I  just think that makes the cover even more special and it is such a nice listen.   Probably  not my favorite cover but  I like it.  





Okay,  so this  one  is a cheat as it's not a cover but more a MLP  fan song  inspired by Frozen and I couldn't pass up to talk about something that combines  two of my biggest fandoms.  Now,  there is also a Rarity and Sweetie Belle version of Snowman out there but I like this one better as it takes the main theme of this song and the movie and re-works  it to be about Luna and Celestia and also, filly Luna is just adorable in this.  Another thing,  I noticed  about this number is that in a way,  Luna is both Anna and Elsa in this song.  She's the Anna stand-in as a little girl, when she wants big sis to watch the moon rise but she's the Elsa stand-in as she grows older and here's not a case of 

Conceal, don't feel


But rather,  jealously.  It's a stretch to make that connection but I think it works.  And also, I just really wanted to talk about this song.   Now  onto the Cut songs




---Cut Songs---


Now, there is one that I won't cover as it's just dumb and I just don't want to have to listen to it, again.



This is easily one of my favorite songs from the Deluxe Soundtrack, where you can find all of these songs.  It's  such a cute little number as it explores the relationship of Anna and Elsa as kids.  Okay,  am I the only one that wants to know more about this period in their lives. This song  just gives  you the feeling  that they had such a tight bond that at one point seemed unbreakable.  Y'know  in many ways,  this song  is almost a good prelude to  Do You Want To Build A Snowman as pairing it up with that song,  you get the full picture of what their relationship went through and the drastic changes that took place.





I'll freely  admit  that  while  I don't mind this song,   I'm  okay with it being cut as I'm  not a fan of the prophecy  that would predict  the  eternal winter. I actually prefer that Elsa's powers were never explained as to how she got them,   I mean we know that she was born with them but we don't  need to know anymore than that.  Though,  I do love the line

Princess  Elsa,  I really love her


As it is just so cute.



More Than Just  The Spare 


In terms  of Anna songs,   this can give  For The First Time In Forever a run for it's  money as it is easily  in my top 3  of  songs from the Frozen Deluxe Soundtrack.     This  is easily  in my opinion, the best song that was ultimately cut.  As while,  this isn't Anna as we know her in the movie,  this is a great jumping off point for her character and  I know that I've used this word for Anna before but   it's adorkable.     And  this song perfectly captures that.


You're You  

I'm  of two minds on this song.  On the one hand,  Love Is An Open Door is a better song and feels more genuine but that's part of the problem,  I have with the villain reveal.   Here, this one is just so cheesy and over the top,  that if they had gone with this,  I'd probably be more accepting of Hans being the bad guy as this just sounds so fake and cheesy, that you'd have to suspect that Hans was up to something.


Life's  Too Short 


This again is a song that I really like but  I get why it was cut as it's  probably a bit more confrontational then what was needed for this sequence when Anna and Elsa meet up in the ice palace. I'm  not saying that siblings can't be confrontational but  I think ultimately the reprise of  For The First Time In Forever works better for the emotions that they were going for in this scene.


Life's Too Short (Reprise) 


Again,  I really like this number as  you get the feeling that Anna and Elsa are finally coming the realization that they need one another in their lives.It's a sweet little number that is a little sorrowful but that works in the context that was set up for this number. 


There you have it,  the end of...  Y'know what no,  Frozen Week isn't over, yet.  I've got one last article left in me. Join me Monday for a Bonus Frozen Week article.  Until then the window's open, so's that door,  I didn't know they did that anymore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment