Take A Look at Disney

3/26/14

Frozen Week: My Idea For A Frozen Ride







Hello  & welcome back  to Frozen Week.  And to the second installment of My Idea.  For those that do not recall, this is where I build a ride based on a movie and you may recall that this was originally going to be a Double article,  well I dropped that idea.  And  it's been little more than a year since  I did my  Tangled ride article.  I didn't mean for it to take this long to come up with another one but let's begin.  It'd been so long since I did that,  that I had to look up the set up for this again.  The categories include Park & Land,  Ride Name Ride Type and Vehicle Type,  Key Moments, Queue/ Waiting Area, and finally, Chances of this Ride Happening.    Oh,  I also want to mention that  if you watch the Bonus Features  on the Frozen Blu-Ray,  one of them goes over the history of the Disney company trying to adapt The Snow Queen and one of the ways as shown by Alice Davis,  wife of Marc Davis was a Disneyland ride called Enchanted Snow Palace and here's  some  concept art of it's Snow Queen. You might notice some similarities to Queen Elsa. 






















Park  & Land


Well, this was one was practially given to me as rumors are going that Maelstrom in EPCOT will be replaced with an Frozen attraction. Thus meaning that it'd be in EPCOT and in Norway.



















So,  yeah this would be a Disney World attraction.  Sorry, Disneyland fans. Now keep in mind that even though the rumored ride is replacing Maelstrom,  my ride may include more detail than space available. 


Ride Name

This  is always one of the toughest parts but unlike Tangled, Frozen lends itself well to name ideas  and I'm rather fond of something like A Frozen Adventure.  It's admittedly kinda cheesy but I like it.


Ride Type & Vehicle  Type


With this,  I actually want to start with the latter as this is so easy.  The vehicle could  be  Kristoff's Sleigh













And every ride needs a logo,   that's easy.  A Snowflake. 




















As for ride type,   I say go with what Disney is best known for Dark Ride.  For those that do not know, here is what a dark ride according to Wikipedia


A dark ride or ghost train (United Kingdom and Australia) is an indoor amusement ride where riders in guided vehicles travel through specially lit scenes that typically contain animation, sound, music, and special effects.




To me,  a dark ride is the most logical way to go as it can best showcase the scenes or as I put them  Key Moments from the film.   Speaking of which, let's move onto that section,  as I take a look at what I think should be included as Key Moments.


Key  Moments


I'd actually  start the ride off with the girls playing in the snow in the throne room










And then go to when Anna was hurt, followed by the trolls curing Anna.   








Then  take the ride to Do You Want To Build A Snowman but don't go through all of it.   One of the key moments that you need to focus on here is the death of the king and the queen.








The next part that I would have is  Anna walking through the streets during For The First Time In Forever and I wouldn't complain if they worked the Rapunzel cameo into the ride as well.   What, I'm just saying.















End this scene with the Anna/Hans meet-cute  















I would have the next scene,  be the party is over sequence and the ice powers could  really work well on a ride.  I imagine that some lighting effects could work to make the ice effects.















And next, will be Let It Go and here, I say include the dress changing sequence as that would be really cool to see and maybe the creation of the stairs.






Next,  I say skip a few scenes and go to the wolf attack and meeting Olaf and then the Marshmallow attack.







I do think that Marshmallow could rival the Yeti from Expedition Everest as one of the biggest audio- animatronic at  Disney.





I'd next say the ride should show Hans' reveal as the bad guy and Elsa in her imprisonment.  You  just need some dramatic effects for a ride and this makes perfect sense to me.







I'd  next go to Anna being frozen and Elsa thawing her and the sisterly hug.



 


I'll freely admit that frozen Anna is one of the trickier aspects  to pull off but again,  I think  it could work and if done right, this could be one of the most visually impressive aspects of the ride.  Now, the ride would end with the ice skating sequence.






So,  this is just my idea of how to do the ride and I admit, its' probably not the best but I like it.



Queue/Waiting Area


 I'm torn on this one. Because on the one hand,  I'd like it if the Queue were Elsa's ice palace




But I think that it'd almost make more sense if the Queue area looked the entrance to Arendelle and more importantly, the castle.





As that could serve as great build up to the ride and  I think you could do something interactive with this section such as having Olaf there telling jokes or calling on people in the line like Potato Head does in the Toy Story Mania Queue.




And you could have him be like Crush from Turtle Talk, where Olaf asks kids question about summer and why they love it so much.  


Chances of This Ride Happening


Now even though,  there are rumors of a Frozen ride,  I highly doubt that it'll be anything like the ride idea that I came up with.  I mean I could see something along the lines of this but I highly doubt, it'd be anything similar to my ride.  If you have any idea for a Frozen ride and see in you in 2017, when  I  come up with an idea for a Giants ride.   LOL!     Join me tomorrow as we close out Froze Week with a special  double themed  Music Fridays as I revisit the Songs Cut From Frozen and  also look at Frozen Covers.  And I promise that I'll carry through on this one.   Until then, let the storm rage on.




No comments:

Post a Comment