Take A Look at Disney

4/4/16

My Thoughts on the Lego Disney Minifigures Series




Hello & welcome back to A Look at Disney.  Recently,  Lego and Disney announced that they would teaming up for a collection of Lego Minifigures based on classic Disney characters.    My thoughts...







Seriously, I want them all.  I love Lego & I love Disney.  And two of my favorite things coming together like this is just awesome. I think the ones that I want the most are Genie, Mickey, Ariel, & Ursula but that'll be part of the hunt with these being blind bags. Which this isn't the first time that Lego has done blind bags for franchises as they also did blind bags for The Simpsons and The Lego Movie.




Now, I'll freely admit that I've looked at The Lego Movie blind bags but the Disney blind bags are much more tempting because well, it's Disney.  Now as I've discussed numerous times in the past, Disney and Lego have worked together quite a but but two minifigures but that really stand out here are Buzz Lightyear and Ariel.


 




What stands out here and this is also true of Mickey and Minnie to an extent but I think it stand out more here is that this is not the first time that Lego has released figures based on these characters but this is the first time that they have been released as traditional minifigures,  back around when Toy Story 3 came out,  Lego had a Toy Story line as I went over in my very Lego & Disney article and the Buzz minifigure has a specially molded head to make him look more like Buzz in the films. And Ariel has been a part of the Lego Disney Princess line and Princess line uses minidolls instead of the traditional minifigures.




Now, I know some Lego reviews complained about Buzz having a traditional minifigure head, when these first rumored.   As for me, I don't mind. I just consider it a new take on a character that they've already done. Yeah, the molded head does look better but I don't mind the traditional minifig head either. The one that get high marks from me is Ariel.





I have nothing against the minidolls as they look fine minifig Ariel looks so much better and truly captures Ariel so well. Her tail is what really sells me and makes this one of the most coveted for me. Honestly, I think Ariel looks the best out of all them.  And okay, I gotta say that I love the inclusion of Aladdin and Genie 




Because when I did my Top 6 Disney Films/TV Shows That Could Work as Lego Sets, Aladdin was at number 2 and that was 3 year ago. As I said in the most recent Lego & Disney article, this isn't exactly what I had wanted but these minifigs are more in line with what I was hoping for and they couldn't have made them look any better.


In the end,  I'm excited for all of these. Yes, even Mr. Incredible and Syndrome. They all look fantastic and come May, when they are released, I will be starting my hunt for these beauties.  Peace!


No comments:

Post a Comment