Take A Look at Disney

2/24/18

My Thoughts on Disney Channel's Freaky Friday



Hello & welcome back to A Look at Disney.  First off for those (4) of you wondering about my Tangled: The Series event, I've decided to make it a weekly segment as there is a lot that I want to say about that show and the month is almost over. I also wanted to talk about other Disney things. Such as Disney really loves Freaky Friday.   Just recently around the premiere of the DCOM, Zombies, a trailer for a new Disney Channel Original Movie was released.







What is it with Freaky Friday? I mean, we've talked about this before when I looked at one of the adaptations for our April Fool's Blog Swap Event. When I reviewed the 1995 Wonderful World of Disney adaption,





















And that makes this the second TV adaption of Freaky Friday and the 4th film adaption.  Because as we have discussed, there is the 1976 original, the Wonderful World of Disney adaption, and the 2003 remake.






















I guess part of it boils down to that body swap stories are so easy to do nowadays that so many shows have tackled them and done their own variations on them.  Still, that begs the question of what makes this 2018 adaption different?  The fact that it's an adaption of an adaption might be one thing. You see a musical adaption combining element of the 76 original and 03 remake opened at the Signature Theatre in Arlington, Virginia and was later transferred to the La Jolla Playhouse in San Diego, California.















The fact that it's a musical adaptation is one thing that'll set this take apart from the first three but that still begs the question of why has Disney returned to this particular story so many times?  I'm not positive on this but if I am to hedge a bet on this and  say that A. it's a simple story about a mother and daughter trying to understand one another and B.  it's a story that can be set in any era and the story will remain the same.   I think it's more so the latter and I could be way off base with this but that is what I really think.  Let me know what you think in the comments.   Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment